What's in your nightstand?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my meds (more then i ever thought i'd be taking) a flashlight but next to it in the corner is a remy 30 06 semi.

WOW

I feel so under protected :eek: I have a 10 shot 22 semi in the garage because of the grand kids in the house now and then but i like to think I'm in a not to bad a neighborhood, I've only lost one truck in 19 years and I'm for ever leaving my garage door open.:eek: [S

In reality, I have guns all over the house, most have a full magazine. Not that I have any thought of needing one for protection against any imagined intruder. But the one go-to weapon is a Rossi version of the old pump winchester 22 rifle with a hammer. No scope. It sets at the ready in case I wake up to a skunk in the yard or have a rogue tom cat beating up the resident cats. I found that my .17 HMR with a scope was pretty worthless for that.

Not much crime around these parts but I still sleep with a 12 gauge & Glock 9mm. [ddd

iSore

Don't shoot the skunks, especialy in warm weather. It takes forever to get rid of the smell. This spoken from experience.

Tell me about it!!! I popped a polecat (a skunk that looks like a weasel) with my 12ga & that was the stinkiest thing ever. I threw it over the back fense & I could smell it for a couple months. :eek:

BoB

Don't shoot the skunks, especialy in warm weather. It takes forever to get rid of the smell. This spoken from experience.

Bad carriers of rabies and don't go well with the dogs. who all got sprayed a couple weeks ago.
I had to get rabies shots when I was 15 from a barn cat who had tangled with a rabid skunk. Skunks must now die if they come poking around.

I've got a short barreled double barrel browning side by side with one side loaded with bird shot, the other #4 Buck. Mostly I shoot skunks and rattlesnakes, but sometimes we get coyotes here chasing the cats...ready either way.

I have a noisy dog that barks at wind

if it happens to move anything around or near the house....Drives me nuts.. can't tell you how many times I got up at 3 or 4am flashlight in one hand the 40 in the other and found ab so lutely... nuttin... that the dog was barking at... he barks if a skunk fires one off too... doesn't like the smell and he wants to go out and find it...my service weapon / take home / is what I have close by... I keep the others under lock and key....

I've got a short barreled double barrel browning side by side with one side loaded with bird shot, the other #4 Buck. Mostly I shoot skunks and rattlesnakes, but sometimes we get coyotes here chasing the cats...ready either way.

can't beat a scatter gun. My only weapon for all the years I lived in Alaska was a short barreled Mossberg. I wish I had another one now. I've been trying to find a 97 Winchester trench gun I can afford.

Depends on how close that critter is. Up close is one thing, if his out there a ways its a whole nuther deal.

Attachments

• IMG_2359 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2359 (Small).JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2376 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2376 (Small).JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back