Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bama, I've had those style of exhaust clamps on my old Kenworth and I don't remember having one break. I have changed them out when the exhaust pipe wore out and I had to cut the bolts off to get the clamp loose. They are way better than they look.

Yeah Mac, I've had them for years on trucks too, I needed a way to break the pipe if I ever need to pull the engine, the factory bolts were too tight and almost rounded off, so this was easier.

No snow since December here Bruno, but lots of rain. Most rain we've had in several years, but we needed it, been in drought the last few years.

We now have an exhaust system!

Started eyeballing where the pipe needed to go, wouldn't you know it, the wishbone was in the way. I figured it would be better to go under instead of over it, the suspension will move up more times than it drops. Funny how the right side dropped outside of the bone, left side dropped right in the middle of it. Anyway, got my two 90* elbows, pointed one straight out and the other straight back, added 24" straight section, viola, we now have exhaust! Still need to pick up one more band clamp to join the elbows so it can be disassembled if the motor has to come back out. Ordered plugs and wires last night. Still have trans linkage to build, cooler to install, driveshaft to build, fan, belt, some sending units and some wiring to finish. A couple of hours here and there, some more moolah, and maybe I'll have her going by mid summer.
DSCF1019 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr DSCF1020 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
DSCF1021 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr

You said it Torchie! I thought about splitting mine, but my car has the later style spring in front mounted on the bones, so, without a torch to bend the ends, no easy way to do it. Some people say just pie cut them and weld them back, but it looks like it would be hit or miss on how much to cut and still have the proper spread for the spring.

You said it Torchie! I thought about splitting mine, but my car has the later style spring in front mounted on the bones, so, without a torch to bend the ends, no easy way to do it. Some people say just pie cut them and weld them back, but it looks like it would be hit or miss on how much to cut and still have the proper spread for the spring.

There is a formula for figuring that out Bama. But I'm not smart enough to know it.:D
Torchie

My monthly mini update :rolleyes:, not much going on. Been digging through my junk hunting something to make a shifter linkage out of. Had some factory pieces off of something, but none were close to what I have in mind. Went to my lawnmower junkyard out behind the house to get a piece for my mower and spotted some interesting linkage pieces. Got those as well as some brackerty to cut up. Looks like I have enough stuff now to build it, started yesterday with a lot of looking, measuring, cutting and fitting. Probably get out there tomorrow morning and tack it all up and see how it works. Nothing really picture worthy until I get it all put together.

So far, i have just been looking things over to see what has to be fixed. Brakes are first, will be going with a power unit and dual master cylinder. Before I can finish the brakes, I have to swap out the rear end. It has a Mustang II 4 lug under it now that is too narrow, I was planning to swap it out anyway and then I found this under the hubcap!:eek:

100_1720_zps431075e5.jpg

Redneck engineering at it's finest! I just glad that the tires are rotten and had to come off anyway or I might not have found this for a while.:eek:

Saturday night after we got home, we went and eat Chinese. My fortune was "Everything must have a beginning" So, this is the beginning of my 47 Lincoln Coupe![cl

New member. Just starting reading this thread and all I got is WOW. I've seen some hack stuff but That is a whole nother level

Got my bell crank linkage finished up yesterday. Doesn't look like much, but a lot of figuring and head scratching went into getting something to work with the factory mount and clear the TV lever. Still got to pick up a couple of 1/2" lock nuts for the shaft to keep it from moving around. Works good, have all gears from park to low from how it feels. Get that on, one more item off the list.
IMG_1183 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
IMG_1184 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back