Parenting

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ybenormal, ya better get used to it cause its gonna get worse! I have 7 kids and probably have seen it all ...broken bones, cuts, bruises, stitches, scrapes of all types....kids are pretty resilient when it comes to falling...the worse for me was when my 3rd son was 5 and fell on the sidewalk and broke his arm. The staff took him into another room and questioned him on how it happened. They kept asking him if I did it to him and he kept telling them no, but no one seemed to listen.....a very long night! Glad your little one is ok.

See, that is exactly what they tried doing to us. Dan was young but articulate enough to tell them over and over again exactly how he hurt himself, but they still kept probing. I finally had enough and they got the message. :mad:

Don

I worked in emergency for ten years. Some staff would get their nickers all knotted in a bunch every time a kid came in with some kind of injury.

My kids always looked like they came out of a street fight. They were always bruised on the legs at knees and elbows from being so active.

I didn't see a lot of child abuse. I remember only three cases in ten years. The suspicion and questions were always rough on parents. I only remember taking one kid into custody. It's our job as health care professionals to advocate for those who can't. I always tried to be right up front about, that we were looking at the situation from all angles. Some staff just got angry every time a kid got hurt. Not good.

Kids are great. Mine are grown and on their own. Seems like just yesterday the little nose pickers were standing on top of the fridge eating the potato chips while I searched every where at ground level trying to find them.

Still don't know they would get up there.[S

Gold03

Haha, when my Son's were about 6 their favorite thing was to throw aerosol paint cans into our backyard trash burner. No matter how many times the explosion scared the bejesus out of me and no matter how many times I warmed their little behinds for doing it, they still would sneak one in every so often.

You guys with one and two year olds have NO idea what you are in for ! :D

Don

Daughter after surgery. Couldnt find the ones of my son

Attachments

• misc june 2011 058.jpg
    misc june 2011 058.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 10
  • misc june 2011 057.jpg
    misc june 2011 057.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 8
She's a beauty.....!!!

How is she doing ?? That's a ton to go thru at 10.....God bless the little ones.....hope she is well.....

when my son was 2 or 3 - the first time i was left alone for an extended amount of time watching the kids -- she went to kansas for a funeral - what happens : boy falls head first off my recliner into the tile floor ... holy fecal matter ... i was a mess! he still has a little bump the dr said it will take time (a long time) for it to go away... well actually i havent checked lately but sometimes i wonder if that incident is why he is freaking crazy now ... maybe knocked some screws loose haha jk [S

when my son was 2 or 3 - the first time i was left alone for an extended amount of time watching the kids -- she went to kansas for a funeral - what happens : boy falls head first off my recliner into the tile floor ... holy fecal matter ... i was a mess! he still has a little bump the dr said it will take time (a long time) for it to go away... well actually i havent checked lately but sometimes i wonder if that incident is why he is freaking crazy now ... maybe knocked some screws loose haha jk [S

Its good you can joke about stuff like that. Itll drive YOU crazy if you cant

:rolleyes:Raised four boys..and most of the neighbor kids. Never even tried to keep track of the times to the doctor. Now my youngest has a one year and.... Just love em..is the best of times.

I'll tell you when it gets really bad, when they turn 16 and get their drivers licenses. :eek: I would lay awake at night until I heard both cars pull into the driveway and the front door close.

Don

Latest posts

Back