"Secret Willys Revival" (My chopped '53)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it have a windshield yet?

Patience Mr. Klink. It has taken him 25 years to get this far. No need to frighten him back into hiding with frivolous demands like wind screen glass![cl

c893656c4bc54cfbe88e59d5f956dbd27f1.gif
LOL, you guys kill me. :p

No windshield yet, haven't been getting much garage time this summer plus it's still covered up with my friends porch flooring...

Loadofflooring620-12Large.jpg

so I can't even use it to take out the garbage. :(
However I have been looking at some lexan for the side and rear glass and will probably be ordering it this week. When I chopped the top I did away with the wing glass which was also the front channel so it would take some doing to put roll up windows back in it. Also with the bearclaw latches I don't know if I even have room now. My original plan was to just have the glass on a strap so I could pull it up but now I'm planning to have "Two Lane Blacktop" style sliders but I want to mount them in a frame that can be taken out as a unit when I want to just have open windows.
I've been trying to work on the headlights a little too.......hopefully I'll have some progress to report soon!

smiley-hiding-hole.gif
Later,

Ray

Ya' know some of us don't have another 30 years to see this thing get finished SF. :rolleyes:

Ya got that right E-man............and I'm one of'em :eek:

I've never considered myself a thief but this afternoon/evening while working on some cabinets for Mrs. Snakefarm, I stole a little Willys time

471CabinetsandheadlightsLarge_zpsbae1e393.jpg

Told her I was gonna work on my headlights while waiting for the Polyurethane to dry..........don't tell her that the water based stuff dries in 15 minutes ;)

Cut out the passenger side hole and temporarily fastened in my headlight assembly....

473workingonheadlightsLarge_zpsebb554d8.jpg

.....it is recessed about 1-1/4"

474oneheadlightroughedinLarge_zps9e89fff0.jpg

Cut the other hole but I don't have the assembly done for that side....

475otherholecutLarge_zps7683a5ff.jpg

Unmasked the light to see how it looked....

477headlightunmaskedLarge_zps6f67c740.jpg

And, tell me I'm not the only one who does stuff like this but I just had to run a wire and see what the park light looked like lit up :eek:

481lightnitupLarge_zpsf0ab13bc.jpg

Not much, but I reckon it's progress

Till next time,

Ray

Sneaky! And yes, hole cut, light unmasked... the only thing left to do would be to power it up to see how it looked, I mean when's the last time any light was projected from the front it[S

......... I mean when's the last time any light was projected from the front it[S

That's easy.......eight months and twenty two days ago. :D

429NewYearsEve2011homemadeheadlightLarge.jpg

NewYearsEve2011ChrisLarge.jpg

.....okay, not counting that New Years Eve cruise I'd guess the last time there was a light burning on the front of this thing was sometime in the 1970's :eek:

Yes, it's been awhile since I've had any updates, it's been a crazy hectic summer for me filled with both good and bad and overfilled with work. Maybe it will slow down this winter.........I say that every year :rolleyes:

But all in all, life is good!

Hey.... We've All Grown Some White Hairs Following This Neat Build.... BUT: It Looks As If You're Enjoying Yourself... That's All That Matters..... I'm Enjoying The Pictures!

Hey.... We've All Grown Some White Hairs Following This Neat Build.... BUT: It Looks As If You're Enjoying Yourself... That's All That Matters..... I'm Enjoying The Pictures!

Wow, where did you find this thread? I thought it had fallen off the board, LOL And yes , it's been brought to my attention that I'm a little slow with this build. :eek:

Ya' know some of us don't have another 30 years to see this thing get finished SF. :rolleyes: :D:D

And as for enjoying myself.......well I've been accused of that too

It has come to the attention of some of us here that you might be having too much fun with this SF. :p

so, were having a meeting wenesday to decide what to do about it[ddd

so we voted, seeing that it's wednesday, we decide to let you continue to have fun, just tone it down a bit[ddd

.......darned near got kicked off for it! :eek: :D

Glad you are enjoying my build. I am having a blast with this thing and hopefully I can make some more progress on it soon.

Thanks,
Ray

You and me.....

You and me......we be slow. huh. But.... we SO good lookin'......heh heh. :D

Am I really gonna get Buford done before you? Naw....can't see it happenin'! So get busy.[;)

BTW, I like the light(s).[cl

Lynn

So was this ever finished Snakefarm?

Give me some time man.........it's only been 34 years! :D
Nah, haven't touched it in over a year other than starting it up once in a while. The "Paradise Road" project is taking up all my time, so much in fact that I haven't even gotten the '57 out of storage this summer.

:( So cruisin' and wrenchin' haven't been in the picture this year. Once my daughter's house is done I hope to get back on it and get it road legal.

that should be your work truck for the Paradise Road project

Actually drove it past the house yesterday Todd :D

My daughter had a photography business before she became a full time Mom and still does a few shoots for friends and past customers. She used the Willys for some Senior pics a couple years ago...

....and a friend of one of them wants to use it this year so I dug it out yesterday and blasted out Paradise Road and back. Remembered that the last thing I had done to it was put in one headlight, so I got the other one mounted in the opening so it will be presentable for pics this weekend. :cool:

Haven't checked in for a month or so and hadn't looked at my build thread for a long time since the Photobucket pics disappeared. However they seem to be back??? Or is it just me that can see them?

I can see them as well. You must be one of the lucky ones.... i can't even count the number of old threads on various sites that don't have pics any more.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back