Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the stuff most guys dont understand, but I understand! [cl[cl[cl

I'm not sure I do anymore.joe.:eek: [ddd
More of the glamorous wheel well work.
Tying the rear of the well together is going to be interesting.:eek: [;) [;) [ddd
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 29
Ok. Enough suspense, What was the reason and the remedy

I'm also curious. I've experienced many, many MIG failures... wire feed issues, gas issues, the list goes on and on and on...

Torchie said it was his epiphany. It's better now.:D

Thank you, bob.:)
I have had this welder 5 years now and never had any issue with it. That being said.
I checked all my settings.. And since it was almost out of wire I put in a new spool. New tip and cleaned things up. Reset my gas and This is the results.
I know my skills are diminishing but that last batch of welds was really terrible(Even for me).[ddd
I think it may have been a accumulation of small things that led to a big thing.
As bob said. "It's better now."[;) [;) [;)
I have always liked gas welding best and if I had a bigger set of tanks I would go back to it. But with the finances being what they are. I'll go with the mig.
Torchie
p.s.
My epiphany was to stop doubting that I can do this stuff anymore and to start to figure out why it was happening, and fix it.

Last edited:
Torchie, Your epiphany is golden. Great advice for all us senior builders.

Thanks,bob.:)
As a retired baker I still do most of my best work at 3 a.m.:eek:[ddd
Tanks to all for the comments.
I would appreciate any and all good vibes as I spent all day yesterday in the ER/Hospital. Not for me but for Mrs Torchie.
In the 36 years we have been married she has never had any health issues but she was having shortness of breath and dizziness yesterday.
They are keeping her till at least this afternoon while they run tests. I'm hoping it's just some"Care giver " fatigue as we have had way too many irons in the fire as of late.
I know that to some it may appear that all we do is lurch from health issue to health issue but let me assure you that we do other things as well. LOL
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Last edited:
Here's hoping for the best for you and the Mrs., Torchie.
Back to your epiphany, we think alike, all of the guys in our age group have to decide how much of our problems is due to old age and how much is other forces. Quite often with a little thought, we can solve the problems by fixing malfunctions in the tools we use, or change the way we work to overcome our own shortcomings. Anyhow, work smarter, not harder. Keep on tinkering.

Latest posts

Back