51ish? stude

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the rear of the top needs to come down some more. Ya know, slope down kinda like how a fastback would but more rounded. The way it sits right now, it just feels too blocky. Maybe even tilt the a pillars back some to give it that go fast look. Just my honest opinion.

I dunno, I think studebakers are unique in their own right, I'm not sure that roof line to trunk would work trying to fastback that roof... I think the chop will look pretty darn good once the car is at ride height.

I think the guys that take on these types of roofs have a lot of work cut out for themselves, and I give them a lot of credit for doing these chops, I hope I get better at the chops to where I can attempt something like that...

I dunno, I think studebakers are unique in their own right, I'm not sure that roof line to trunk would work trying to fastback that roof... I think the chop will look pretty darn good once the car is at ride height.

I think the guys that take on these types of roofs have a lot of work cut out for themselves, and I give them a lot of credit for doing these chops, I hope I get better at the chops to where I can attempt something like that...

I agree with all the above. Especially the skill required in doing the chops! I'm looking forward to seeing this. That'll be a cool ride for sure.

Great car, good plans, every looks better with a chop. How about more pix of the stude, love the patina. I have to get one some day. Lost out on my gramp's, I was off to the mil. when he past (1963) and my brother junked it :mad:

2 cents more

Hi Cantwell. Good idea, photo shop chopping it first. I agree with Endicott_, the back of the roof should be a little lower or the front a little higher. What ever you do, you will have your work cut out for you, and you'll be a way ahead of me.
Keep on tinkering.

that is not a photo chop that is the initial chop ... and just set back down as it sat minus ~4" i sat and looked at it for a long time the other night i had the back half strip tacked in -- and then my buddy came over and we looked at it... a longgg time ... mostly because i was out of cutting discs[cl and decided to try something .... well here it is.

<br>

instead of keeping the old profile im raking the front a pillars -- would have changed my approach from the beginning if i knew that was what i was going to do - but it is gonna end up working out ok- so that is good.

At first I thought it may have been a bit too much chop, but it is growing on me.

I thought the same thing at first - which was unfortunate since it was cut lol - but i finally decided im pretty sure the chop amount was fine - it was the stance has there in the front that is throwing it off.. When I get that down it flows much better - I'll try and suck down thefront and get a picture after work before I lose light and you can see if you agree...

I like version 2

I definitely think setting the roof back and tilting the pillar makes the car look great. It seems more sleek with the exaggerated pillar angle.
I dont think the B window pillars need angling, but agree it would look pretty different that way if you also did them slightly.

I like the UFO landing light effect pictures- LOL

I'm watching your build.
I chopped my '50 3 inches and retained the stock rear window size by drilling out the spot welds, removing window frame, trimming the roof and C pillar and re-welding frame back in.
I was going for a streetrod look so I think 3 inches was just enough for my build.

hey bullet do you have a picture of the headlights -- i know i am missing a part but dont know what - it is on the lower light - the clear one .

got tired of the electrical not working out right and i dont really care to have the engine in it - so im not gonna invest anything in it ... so i went and picked up/ drove home actually a 97 crown victoria -- looks like the stude will have a 4.6

Latest posts

Back