Flame thrower question.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davecarney2

Thinking about flame throwers for my truck. Question is the exhaust comes out near the gas cap (which got moved to present location) stupid idea??? Gonna blow up cause of vent line??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 37
Was thinking injected for big flames. Ordered the plans from hotlicksexhaust.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 26
Maybe im just really conservative or to nervous but i wouldnt do it to my truck. Obviously gasoline vapors are extremely flamable so i wouldnt take a chance, but thats just me. Someone may have experience with these and can give you a better opinion. Im just going by my gut feeling.

-Chris

I guess we would have to see some more pictures of the setup, and how your vent line is run?

They do make flame arrestors for boat and auto fuel tank vents...

I haven't bought anything for it yet. Ill see if I can get a picture of how the filler is. Trucks in pieces so I can do whatever I need to do to make it safe.

I just have to ask.... Why?
Every time I see those flame throwing rigs in action I just have
to leave the area.
Yes I'm old but I didn't get that way playing with fire around
my rides that were full of fuel.

Flame on Brother, just be careful!

I-R-POPS, I must be in your age group because I agree with every thing you said. I also believe that I didn't get to this age by taking big risks for zero possible gains.
Snopro, like you said, "you're not doing it on my ride".
Davecarney2, my vote would be to not to put flame throwers on your truck, but I'm prejudiced against grandstanding shows.

Probably for the best just to sway towards the safe side. I'm gonna have way too much money in this truck to risk it all.

I've had flame throwers on a couple different rides. (No injected set ups) and they are perfectly safe as long as you have common sense. If its not for you, it's not for you. But it's for me lol

As long as you build it as safe as you can, if you like it... build it.

I do think flame throwers close to a gas tank vent might not be the wisest engineering concept. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back