Well, poop!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I got the small stuff done on the coupe so the law wouldn't have an easy excuse to pull me over. Today, I went for a test drive farther than my short squirts around town. After about 6-7 miles at 65 mph, the tranny just sounded like I threw it into neutral. Long story short, my friend the trans guy says it's probably the direct clutch. Total rebuild needed. So I'm looking for a good used TF 727 for a Mopar small-block in order to be able to make Ratso's wedding on May 3. It does handle very nicely, though! ;)

I got the small stuff done on the coupe so the law wouldn't have an easy excuse to pull me over. Today, I went for a test drive farther than my short squirts around town. After about 6-7 miles at 65 mph, the tranny just sounded like I threw it into neutral. Long story short, my friend the trans guy says it's probably the direct clutch. Total rebuild needed. So I'm looking for a good used TF 727 for a Mopar small-block in order to be able to make Ratso's wedding on May 3. It does handle very nicely, though! ;)

Sorry about the tranny but glad to see you are a "glass half full" kinda guy. :cool:

Sounds like the perfect time to put an overdrive transmission in.
If my 727 ever gives me any trouble at all, that's what will happen here.
It will probably run forever tho.
If you don't find one closer I can get you one pretty easy in the Albuquerque area. Used, rebuild or race ready?
Good luck.

been there done that buddy. Every time I think things are looking up I find something throwing me back down.

But what do ya do when life knocks you down??? COME UP SWINGING!!!

Am I missing something? We're all expressing our sympathy to animal....and he only has a transmission problem.....Ratso is the one getting married! LOL.

Am I missing something? We're all expressing our sympathy to animal....and he only has a transmission problem.....Ratso is the one getting married! LOL.

You got that right, BillM! :D As for the trans, I talked to a friend of mine who works at the Dodge dealer, asking about any transmissions he knows about. He offered to rebuild mine for a really, REALLY reasonable fee. We won't get it done for the wedding, but the car will drive just fine in any gear as long as I don't exceed 2400 rpm, so I'll tote it up there, cruise through town in the parade, take a bunch of pictures, then tote it home and jerk the trans out for rebuilding. I might get to drive it this summer, after all! [cl

My first marriage, I had the shovelhead all the way down to paint the frame and did an all night thrash to get it put together the night before my wedding. I got the wrong shocks and at midnight 25 miles from any town, new bride aboard, realized the tire was rubbing the fender. Pulled off the road, stole a piece of firewood from someone's back yard and stuffed it in there to hold the bike up so we could get on to Rapid City and our honeymoon suite. We made in in there 4 hours late. Marriage went downhill from there,lol.

My first marriage, I had the shovelhead all the way down to paint the frame and did an all night thrash to get it put together the night before my wedding. I got the wrong shocks and at midnight 25 miles from any town, new bride aboard, realized the tire was rubbing the fender. Pulled off the road, stole a piece of firewood from someone's back yard and stuffed it in there to hold the bike up so we could get on to Rapid City and our honeymoon suite. We made in in there 4 hours late. Marriage went downhill from there,lol.

I hear that.... I always seemed to push the envelope time-wise with the bikes more than I do with the cars. I put too many of them back together with the paint not quite as dry as it should've been so I could make a party, run, or something. :D

Attachments

• Skyhawk_Oct_2.jpg
    Skyhawk_Oct_2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back