39 ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackchevy3de

I have a 1939 ford 2 dr sedan standard im looking for a radiator its a 85 hp flat head looked at a lot of sites but cant seem to find one

They are all over e-bay new. And occasionaly you will find an original on there as well. If you are looking for an original try the Ford Barn site and post an ad in the "Wanted" section.
Also. Investigate to see if a 1938 or a 1940 would work in your car as well.
Good luck.
Torchie.

I have one out of a 48 f1 with a flathead. I have no idea how close it would be to fitting but it would be a lot cheaper lol.

I have one out of a 48 f1 with a flathead. I have no idea how close it would be to fitting but it would be a lot cheaper lol.

48 F1 will be too wide for his 39 car.

Lets play nice.:)
We are all here seeking info....

As I stated earlier they are avilable on e-bay as well as other places.
You would most likely need a radiator that fits the 1941 car and back. The 42-48 were wider and most likely won't fit your car.
Plus the original 41's and older were split into 2 sections to allow for the engine hand crank.:eek:
Do some measuring and start looking. The ones coming from offshore will be much cheaper and there are 1000's of them out there running just fine
Just make sure they are metal and welded not bonded(Glued).
Torchie..

I was playing nice, I didn't call him stupid or anything.

look at the link I provided, it's a reasonably priced 1939 all aluminum radiator.

if that ain't helping, I don't know what is.

so many people are too lazy to type in a search in google it's ridiculous, it took me 5 seconds to find this radiator, plus about 1500 different links.

this reply is to BLUE NORTHER fist let me say I don't need your help and your wise ass remarks, you think you know it all but your just a guy with a big mouth , jim

been nice knowing you, as your comment just may get you band. bluenorther is right the search on google and elsewhere has showed a bunch, you just didn't look. none of us are know it all's. good by.

just to clear the air

I didn't say VERY ONE on this site are know it alls, im saying I don't need a guy calling me LAZY ,or ridiculous, the link he posted is one I have looked at before with many more , under 39 ford standard they list a aluminum radiator at a good price and I called them on it after going over the measurement the radiator wasn't rite its listed wrong for a 39 standard the 37 -39 standards are the same but for some reason most listing say 39 -42, well from what ive been told they didn't make a ford standard after 39.

Well, New Fella, BlueNorther does know a lot. You would do well to pay attention to what he offers in terms of advice.

What he said to you was my first thought too. Start your search with the Google.

I hope you can reset your attitude and have a long and enjoyable stay here at RRR.

Well, New Fella, BlueNorther does know a lot. You would do well to pay attention to what he offers in terms of advice.

What he said to you was my first thought too. Start your search with the Google.

I hope you can reset your attitude and have a long and enjoyable stay here at RRR.

Well I thought his comments were assumptive and excessive as well, especially given the general laid-back attitude of this site. In the new guys shoes would you react any different?

Let's all just get along [cl[;)

Well I thought his comments were assumptive and excessive as well, especially given the general laid-back attitude of this site. In the new guys shoes would you react any different?

Let's all just get along [cl[;)

I agree with you.

With very few exceptions this place is really friendly.

For my project I ended up measuring what I needed and then looking carefully at every hot rod radiator ad I could find and seeing what size each was.
Turns out a 32 shorty rad was the right one.
I got it cheap too.
Well under 200 bucks

Jeez, I thought for a minute I had logged onto another forum by mistake ! :rolleyes: I don't see the big deal, the guy asked a question and we jump all over him to do a search..........that is very un- RRR- like IMO. We all do exactly what he did and this forum never has been like that, where everyone didn't jump right in to offer help.

If I were the OP I would have reacted exactly as he did.......we did not exactly give him the warmest welcome or the correct image of how this forum is run and how it's members treat one another. Whatever happened to the days when we all overlooked little errors that others might have made on here ? Have we gotten THAT big ?

Don

Okay, that's all well and good. Did anyone overlook BlueNorther's slightly aggressive tone? No. Did the Poster respond by explaining more about how much research he did? No. He immediately jumped on a guy who suggested he search using Google. BlueNorther even posted a link to a site that had a radiator that might have worked. That seems pretty supportive.

If the OP had a unique problem finding a radiator, it would have been very helpful to explain that problem. Lots of people ask for information they could probably easily find for themselves. Almost always the person gets help without any admonishment. Too bad it happened this time. But unfortunately it was escalated by an overly sensitive OP.

i had to go back and reread the op's post, i was out of line by saying he didn't look, but as stated there was not enough info.

I have a 1939 ford 2 dr sedan standard im looking for a radiator its a 85 hp flat head looked at a lot of sites but cant seem to find one

His post was no different than 1,000 others that have been answered fully and respectfully on here, why his was treated differently is what bothers me. He said he has looked at sites and couldn't find one, so evidently he tried. But even if he didn't (some people aren't as good with the internet as others) what would have been the harm in just trying to give him some suggestions ?

I see some things that have changed since Trippers original blueprint for this forum were laid out..........maybe it is because we have so many new members, or maybe time has just eroded the way we all relate to each other on here, but it bothers me.

Tripper said "be nice, it isn't all that hard" , or something to that effect, and he was right. Let's not lose that niceness and respect we had for each other. That was the one thing that separated RRR from the rest of the forums out there, we were more like buddies than people we simply bs'd with via a keyboard.

Don

Very well put Don. I just left two other sites that I thought would help in building my 429 for my project. I was wrong. I have gotten better info here and with less "know it all " comments . Let's keep this forum like it has always been. That's what separates us from the others..

Latest posts

Back