talking of 318's ....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

im needing the overall length of a 318 .. from the rearmost of the block. likely closest point to the firewall.. to the water pump where the fan bolts up..

if anyone has some minutes to spare and is happy to provide this I'd be a bit grateful !!!!..

thanks Al

Does this help?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 54-Chrysler-engine-dimensionstable.jpg
    54-Chrysler-engine-dimensionstable.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 69
53, I was wondering the same thing. Tomorrow, if I remember, I will go to my stash of unique motors and measure a poly 318. I feel a little bit guilty because I was trying to steer Crate onto a poly for his car.

Hello, 53, I measured the two Polys that I have that are complete. They were 28.5 for the single pulley one, and 29 for the double pulley, from the bellhousing bolting surface to the front of the water pump pulley. That looks like it would be the same as an LA small block.
The next vehicle on my list of projects will have a Poly 318, with three deuces, in it.

thanks guys !..

looks as if the LA block is long would be good to have a much shorter water pump shaft possible ??

M MAc,, IF I could get a poly id chuck the LA ,, sadly in NZ they are few between .. I missed out a motor in parts for $100 recently...

oooh I don't spose heads are interchangeable??

Latest posts

Back