New with a 28 RPU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

28RPU6

I am new to this site. I have hung out on a couple of others that were not a good fit because of the type of truck I have. Oh well, I think the folks here are more open and less judgemental. Anyway, I have played over the years with a 34 pick-up, 54 pick-up, 40 pick-up and my old shovel head. Now I have a 28 Roadster pick-up. Dang, i seem to have a pettern for Ford pick-ups developing. With a lot of help from some great friends, it has been on the road leagally since March of this year. I am about to change out the auto for a stick and build a bed for it during the winter. i will post more pics as I have time.

Attachments

• PHTO0018.jpg
    PHTO0018.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 52
Welcome to RRR. Nice RPU , cant go wrong with trucks,they are always cool. What engine is in that ?

Welcome to RRR! Cool lil truck. Any pics of your past rides too? Sounds like you've had some good stuff.

Welcome

Rat-ticle truck... I love the trucks too, just have a hard time fitting in them at my size, but built a few myself over the years.. Welcome..

I am new to this site. I have hung out on a couple of others that were not a good fit because of the type of truck I have.

Man... that truck looks like a really ratty & rusty jalopy... I love it!!! Welcome to the forum... can't wait to see more pictures!

BoB

The motor is out of a 280 SE Mercedes. Originally it was a fuel injected version. I had the bungs welded and put a carb manifold on it. It is about 200-210 HP and weight is 2020 lbs. Its pretty fun. I bought the bike from my brother 16 years ago. I modified it from a stock low rider to what it is now and had it powder coated.

Attachments

• PHTO0033.jpg
    PHTO0033.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 17
  • PHTO0005.jpg
    PHTO0005.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0078.jpg
    DSCN0078.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 16
  • PDR_0383.jpg
    PDR_0383.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 16
Rumford, Thats too bad. It has been pretty cool weather here in Texas for a couple of weeks and I can still drive as long as I am bundled up. Took my little girl to a soccer game the other morning when it was 31 degrees outside. Of course we dont see much snow down here except for last year. This photo was taken by my wife while I was snowed in just south of Dallas last year.

Attachments

• DSCN0029.jpg
    DSCN0029.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 9
good to have you here. I dig the coffen style tank. thats not always an easy look to pull off and I think you nailed it.

Latest posts

Back