Wheelbarrow tub Go Kart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smart not to force it with your daughter. She will learn more from you then you can even imagine.:)
Keep at it. you are getting there.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Gonna be a blast! I'm retro-fitting a golf cart to live axle for a friend right now. I'm watching to see how your little rack and pinion do on this.

I made some more progress on the kart. I got the push-pull cable shifter set up. I had it all tucked in nicely down lower where it was totally out of the way but then realized that the throw of the shift lever was totally ridiculous so I had to redo some thing and mount the cable end up much much closer to the shifter shaft on the motor. It'll work fine, I just have to get a little fancier with the floor in that spot. It's better to do that than have to move the lever 45 degrees to shift! I also got the brake and gas pedals mostly sorted out. Everything is still just tacked together so I can move things if I have to. The piece of pipe sticking out behind the gas pedal is an extension for the kick starter. I haven't finished that off yet but wanted to the the extension in to make sure that it didn't interfere with the gas pedal.

Attachments

• IMG_8719.jpg
    IMG_8719.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8720.jpg
    IMG_8720.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8724.jpg
    IMG_8724.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8723.jpg
    IMG_8723.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8726.jpg
    IMG_8726.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8725.jpg
    IMG_8725.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 32
The kart I put together takes a real beating. Don't know what your plans are for riding this one but I put small welds next to anything that is held by allen screws. The pillow blocks and sprockets want to slide if ya flail on it. That thing ought to haul a!

That's a good idea about the spot welds on the shafts. I may use collar clamps instead though so that I can take things back apart if needed.

My daughter picked out a shift lever so I got that setup last night.

Attachments

• IMG_8784.jpg
    IMG_8784.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 30
craziness! [cl[cl[cl

I try to get beeps in the garage but she is a noise hater and everything I do is loud.

I got the exhaust sorted out over the weekend. I also got some details sorted out like mounting the coil and CDI and setting up the chain tensioners.

Attachments

• IMG_8788.jpg
    IMG_8788.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8789.jpg
    IMG_8789.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 15
I started fabbing a hood/tunnel of sorts last night. It will act as a chain guard for the front chain and I will mount a small gas tank, fuel pump and hopefully cram the battery under it.

Attachments

• IMG_8792.jpg
    IMG_8792.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8793.jpg
    IMG_8793.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8794.jpg
    IMG_8794.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back