O/T rant

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
OK, I had to resist the temptation to do this on fb. A couple weeks ago my nephew and his family lost their home to fire. His mom (my older sis) and his wife keep things updated on fb and always there are many comments like "We're praying for you", which they probably aren't, and "If you need anything just let us know"
Really? If they called and said we need a couple pounds of bacon and new tires on the car, plus could you bring your shop-vac over and clean out the horse trailer that would be nice, you would do that? I doubt it. Plus they AREN'T going to call and ask you for something. If you want to help, you step up to the plate and help. Bring things you know need replaced, or at the very least gift certificates. You show up with food, you come over and roll up your sleeves to help, show up with a skid steer and a trailer. Don't just set on your butt and post on fb "If you need something let us know".
I know this isn't any of you guys but if I didn't do this vent here, I was dangerously close to giving some of those well meaning folks (who I don't even know) both barrels. Rant over.

Oh, I forgot to add, the help that did pour in was nothing less than amazing. The very next morning there was an donation account at a bank and donation jars in all the businesses. The local Dodge/Ford dealer had Put up $1000 at the local western clothing store and another $1000 at the farm store plus sending out his own travel trailer and giving them his wife's SUV to drive. Lots of people and businesses brought stuff and showed up to help. We do live in a great community where people respond in mass to folks in need.

I know the feeling of people who should be helping but certainly do not... 11 years ago when my grandmother died, no one by my immediate family (Myself, my mother and father) did anything to help clean the house out and get everything ready for an estate sale... The greedy *******s sure were there with a hand out for money though...

Some things I just won't forget/forgive people for. There is no excuse as family to not help when family needs it.

Vent away brother.

We have all been in your shoes in one way or another.

Glad the community stepped up to help out.

Good rant WB!!![cl As said earlier, no one comes forward to help, but EVERYONE is there with their hands out when it comes time to get their "SHARE" of the loot!
Does my heart good to hear about the donations being made...actual things that are really needed...Great community you live in. Everyone could learn a lesson from them!:D

It's funny how you see who your real real friends are when something like this happens. Best of luck to you navigating these tough waters.

Latest posts

Back