Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the bumper welded to the brackets and bolted in place. Have to make a slight adjustment to get the gap straight but it looks pretty good.

Attachments

• Potpouri 004.jpg
    Potpouri 004.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Potpouri 005.jpg
    Potpouri 005.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Potpouri 007.jpg
    Potpouri 007.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 50
Your eye for detail, design and proportion is dead on the mark, build after build after build. [cl

I consider myself to be a moderately skilled builder with a couple decent ideas. I believe that being on this great site causes me to raise my game a bit. There is a lot of motivation to be found here because of the high quality members who offer positive comments.

Thank you Dr. C.

HAPPY NEW YEARS to you & the family from the left coast :cool:;)

Keep up the great build on the Bantam & Roadster in the new year [cl

Thanks Tom
I hope you and Dixie have a great new year. I am doing this on my phone so it quite difficult with these arthritic fingers. 6 weeks of r and r then back at it.

Nothing much to show. Since getting back in mid-Feb. I've been into space management. Where to put all the snow? In the house we have been getting rid of 20 years accumulation of "stuff". Many trip to Goodwill and the dump. seems like we're getting ready to sell/move. Hmmm.

On the Bantam I welded the roll cage and added the rear braces. Still have the seat back and door bar to put in. Then I had to prep for a colonoscopy. Boy, that's a bunch of crap. It went well, no bad stuff. The next night was spent in ER with stomach pains. Received an IV with a pain killer and went home. Monday was the dermatologist visit where he froze a bunch of spots on my face, ears and forearms. The sun never shines in Minnesota so I don't know why I have so much trouble.

And my camera broke.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Sounds like the lyrics to a bad country song bob.:p
If you do move I hopes it's some where warm.
Everyone around here is having the same problem with where to put the snow as well. It's supposed to get into the mid 50's tomorrow WITH rain. So now there flooding to contend with, which has already started today.
Feel better and keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Well Bob, nice to see you are back home and working on your hot rods & preping for a possible move south to a wormer play ground. I think I can run a good second to you with the medical C**p. Heart Dr, Skin Dr, Been wearing a monitor for the last 14 days to help get my blood sugar back in line and if my wife Dixie did not have all the work she needs taking care of me, we got a 7 year old black Lab from the Lab Recue in Fresno, CA that has had two large hip surgeries (first a total failure, second one much better) just want to help him have a good life for a change. We had to put down are first one when she got incurable cancer.

Been raining for the last month and I think we might be through it, sure hope so as the burn areas can not take much more. I think we are heading for spring very soon. We have had more rain in last three weeks than in the last two years.

Better get a new camera, as I get older I like to read less and really like pictures. Take it easy in that snow moving, remember what it did to you last year.

I have reached the point on the Hupmobile roadster body I wanted. Time to put it away and finish what I started a couple years ago, namely, the Bantam.

Before I go much farther, I want to get it running. The 468 big block was built about 20 years ago and never run.

Today I finished wiring it in a temporary fashion. See how neat it is? I'll add fluids and then finish a few things on the engine. Maybe get it running in the next couple weeks.

If all goes okay I'll be able to finish the project with confidence.

Attachments

• tail and wiring 002.jpg
    tail and wiring 002.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 51
I put fluids in it (and some leaked on the floor). Poured race gas in the carb, turned it over and got a backfire out of it. Checked the timing, by eye, turned the distributor quite a bit and tried it again. It's a sketchy battery and wasn't up to the task. Gotta get a new one.

While waiting for some financial recovery from Christmas to buy a battery, I did some other tasks. Painted the seat frames and finishing the driveshaft tunnel.

I'll be heading for Florida soon so more idle time on this build.

Attachments

• seat and floor 003.jpg
    seat and floor 003.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 34
  • seat and floor 002.jpg
    seat and floor 002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 32
  • seat and floor 001.jpg
    seat and floor 001.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Back