Daytona 500

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have a great day! Our weather will be good today. I've lived 50 miles from the speedway for 63 years and have not made a 500 yet.

Have a wonderful time
I did the Bristol before they screwed it up. We got to see both, then called Winston Cup and the Busch Series

Always wanted to see Daytona. I saw about the last big race at Riverside. Tim Richmond won (remember him?) I also went to the Coca-Cola 600 in 89, helluva experience.
As awesome as the big races are, they can't top the Outlaws at Knoxville though.

Hope you had a good time.
I think there should be two qualifiers, and, or a points system done before they hire the next National Anthem singers.

Did you know there was a tornado warning while the race was running? They specifically called out the Speedway. I was cleaning my pool when they announced it over the radio. About 30 minutes later they called my town. It came in fast, but thankfully no tornado.

A guy I work with went and said the rain delayed things to the point they had to leave early to get back for work the next day. I've never been to the race (not a NASCAR fan) but I have been on the track when we go to Turkey Run every November. We walked up the one banked curve one time and it is almost impossible to climb up it because of how steep it is. Like climbing a wall ! :eek:

Don

A guy I work with went and said the rain delayed things to the point they had to leave early to get back for work the next day. I've never been to the race (not a NASCAR fan) but I have been on the track when we go to Turkey Run every November. We walked up the one banked curve one time and it is almost impossible to climb up it because of how steep it is. Like climbing a wall ! :eek:

Don

I've done the same thing during the Turkey Run as well :D It is quite steep. You really need to put going to at least one race on your bucket list. The one I went to I stood next to the fence when the pack came screaming by at around 200. The noise and thunder was absolutely awesome! I will never forget that. I go to the Gatornationals every year and the one thing I want to do is be at the starting line when a nitro drag car takes off. I've spent a lot of time next to runways at bases with fighter planes and that is about as cool as it gets, but something about a nitro car . . . I guess because I work on cars and understand them so well and what it takes to make them go that fast, and they aren't a mystery as planes are. Does that make sense [S

Holy cow, what a crappy blathering of words. Did I even use a period in all of that? I tend to get that way when I get excited ;)

Latest posts

Back