1951 ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clcutlass

Hi...after looking long and hard I picked up a rusty 51 ford cab. I just finished rebuilding a 70 cutlass and got tired of body work and looking for chrome parts...no I have to keep it clean.

i want to build something cool...and have no idea where to start. I am going to look around her for info on frames and chopping.

I have a 350 rocket that runs strong and a th400 that I want to use....I can also get my hands on a ford 9" rear end.

Any suggestions on where to start...build a frame....use a ranger or S10. I would like to go fenderless. I want to chop the roof by 3-4 inches but I dont really want to split the roof.

Howdy and welcome.Sounds like a good project.Running gear sounds cool.My 2 cents worth,I would say build a frame if going no fenders.Im using a s-10 frame but Im going to cover it up.

If you don't want to split the roof then you will have to lean the windshield posts back.
Take a look at GJunctionMike threads. That's how he did the last one of his.
Start up a build thread. Lots of people on here to help you thru it.
Torchie

If you don't want to split the roof then you will have to lean the windshield posts back.
Take a look at GJunctionMike threads. That's how he did the last one of his.
Start up a build thread. Lots of people on here to help you thru it.
Torchie

awesome thanks

welcome to rrr, from bama. love the olds v8's, still have a couple 455's stached away

Welcome to the site.
Torchie is right on leaning the A pillars back. That's the way I done my 40 Pontiac.

Attachments

• DSCF0448.JPG
    DSCF0448.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 15
  • chassis 010.jpg
    chassis 010.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 17
  • LIAM CONCERT 002.jpg
    LIAM CONCERT 002.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 15
  • may 2012 040.jpg
    may 2012 040.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20141111_092318.jpg
    IMG_20141111_092318.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20141111_092244.jpg
    IMG_20141111_092244.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 13
  • insurance pics 002.jpg
    insurance pics 002.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 18
shouldn't the motor for that year still be gold? nice gut-less. i used to mess up my ford and chevy friends when the ol olds motors came to life.

Welcome from Rhode Island. When I chopped the roof on my 49 f6 cab I cut it front to back and side to side. It's not that hard. It's also not too difficult to find a cab in poor shape that you can use for the extras for filler pieces needed. Check out Torchies build You can check out my build for frame ideas. It is way over built but it is only one of many ways.

Welcome from Rhode Island. When I chopped the roof on my 49 f6 cab I cut it front to back and side to side. It's not that hard. It's also not too difficult to find a cab in poor shape that you can use for the extras for filler pieces needed. Check out Torchies build You can check out my build for frame ideas. It is way over built but it is only one of many ways.

I will check it out.....there are no cab's in my part of th world.

Front fenders, hood, core support is commonly called a doghouse. Some people call it a "clip" but to me a clip is the front frame section.

Latest posts

Back