Losing my shop space

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

Landlord left a note "we are forced to terminate your lease"

History: Almost from day one I have had trouble from the other tenant on the property. He controls my water and wanted me to pay half of the bill, he has 6 or 7 people working there and uses a power washer all day, my shop has a toilet & sink and it's just me. We settled on $12.00 per month but he would shut off my water every few weeks to "fix a leak" and leave it off for a week or two.

There's a drive that runs from the main road he's facing to my road that gets used as a cut through and race track. It's a gravel pot hole curvy single lane. Him and his employees fly up and down it as do his customers. They throw gravels and intentionally splash my vehicles.

The latest was he tried to run over me or at least scare/intimidate me. I had him arrested but the court dismissed it after he brought 3 witness/employees to testify 2 that didn't even work for him at that time.

The sad part is I have struggled for the past year and a half to pay the rent, selling things like my Harley and other things til I got to a position I could afford the place. It's a mile from my grandson, across the street from work and it's cheap ($500) a month.

Then there's my junk/stuff & tools and my truck.

Two steps forward and one step back. Sorry to hear it Charley. I'm sure you'll make it work out.

Let me guess, the other renter has a buddy that's ready to move in, but I'll bet the landlord has plans to up the rent too.

You don't want to be there anyway, they will just start playing with you and your stuff will come up missing and damaged. Just a suggestion, you might want to put your stuff in a storage building for a while until you find the right spot.

Were you on a month to month or annual lease?

Don

Hey Charley,
Sorry to hear all your troubles with your current shop owner and such. I would agree with Don that moving on and putting this behind you is going to be the best way to handle it. You don't want to have to deal with them messing around with your stuff and causing you more headaches. Best of luck with it.

-Troy

Just when things seem like they're starting to turn around for ya too.
Charlie, There's a reason why your having to move it's just not apparent yet.
You'll see what it is as soon as you get settled in another place.
When you recognize it, let us know :)

Jim

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and everything works out like it should. The worst part is all of the stress we go through waiting for that moment when we look back and can say we are glad it happened. Hang in there and know that we all have your back.:)

Apparently you have tried to be a good human to the animals that are next to you. It sounds to me that it ain't worth the fight. I think in life we have to chose our battles, this sounds like on I'd walk away from. Not easy thing to do with the convenience. I truly hope it works out. I a believer in what goes around comes around. Good luck brother.

Bummer!

Hey Charlie:
Wow man that really does sucks. Well like it has been said, "when life hands you lemons, make a margarita". :)I know someone who had a similar problem he tried all the legal and appropriate processes to rectify the issue. The cost, headache and heartache in the end were not worth it. Revenge isn't the answer either although sometimes you just want to.....[ddd As hard as it is, just move on. New opportunities will come your way and the results will be better. I'd give you a hand if I lived near by. Keep us abreast of your situation and we will all be wishing good things for you I am sure. Good Luck Steve

Latest posts

Back