My 37 Dodge pu build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bruno, watching watching :D:D[cl:cool:
Man, I'm going to have to rip a page right out of your book and start farming some of the time consuming manufacturing out. Pretty soon I will be 140 years old and maybe not done yet, if I keep picking away at projects like I have been doing.:eek:
You are going to have a very nice truck, sir.

Mercury Mac, I didn't have the expertise to make the frame so farming it out was my only option. I could have found someone locally to do the welding, but after seeing Mikes work , (great welding) and his knowledge of frame building it was a no brainer.

Bruno, some of us are watching your build progressing and your excitement level rising.
POPS is worried that your blood pressure will go to dangerous levels just like when you hold a match under a thermometer too long.
Anyhow, it's good to see your excitement,-------and your build.
Keep on tinkering.

more progress

tube k member all bent up, notched and tacked in

got the frame side of the motor mounts cut, bent and tacked in

cut bent and tacked in the trans mount and x member

cut and dimpled some gussets for the hair pins to help stiffen them up some

motor and trans pulled back out to finish weld and dress the frame

I like that you set it up for adjusting the rear springs...nice idea and makes it easy to change things up.

Mike the frame is looking great, will be waiting patiently for you to call today to see when I can pick it up. Patience my butt, I will be gnawing my fingernails all day until he calls lol.

Patience my butt, I will be gnawing my fingernails all day until he calls lol.

I can relate to that. I just hate waiting for a new toy.
It's gonna be sweet!!

Mike the frame looks fantastic, especially like the Tag on the rear. You must have read my mind on that. I was going to ask you to put your logo on the frame in a visible location.:) For the members.....Mike still has to tig my intake and exhaust and do a couple of other things, then I will be going up to Cornfield and pick it all up the week after next.:D

Hey Bruno,can you tell us more about your engine? Did you buy the whole car and pull the engine? Or did you just buy the engine? Did you have it rebuilt?Was anything done to it to run todays gas? Im loving this build.Thax

The engine had 62,000 miles on it when was pulled. I knew the old gentleman who owned the car, it was all original. When he passed away his son promptly pulled the straight 8 and put in a 455 Buick. Motor ran well and was as clean as a pin inside when I got it. May eventually take a little off the head but I will wait and see how it runs with my carbs and intake first.

Latest posts

Back