My 37 Dodge pu build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get the road salt off the frame from the trip home (took 3 days to remove it). Lots of sanding and wire wheels to clean it up. Put some rattle can Rustoleum on it temporarily. The weather and my health has been keeping me out of the garage. Should be back on it next week, got a little more stamina than I had when I was at your shop.

FWIW, never ever put a bare frame on a trailer when the roads are wet with road salt and tow it 140 miles. it was covered in rust by the time the wife and I got it home, if I wasn't a big boy I would have cried:eek:

Well I've been doing a little work on the truck, money has been tight so I've been doing a lot of piddling around. Cleaned all the suspension parts and rattle canned them semi gloss black. here's a few pics of the little progress I've made....

079.jpg Got grill mounted.

080.jpg Made bracket for grill front.

081.jpg made friction shock mounts.

082.jpg Think they will work ok.

083.jpg Made lower radiator insulated mount.

088.jpg Mounted friction shocks and headlight mounts.

094.jpg Painted alternator so it looks like a generator, lol.

091.jpg May use hood sides for bed. Lengthen them front and rear. what do you think? Would get Mike at Cornfield Customs to make it.

Looks like good progress to me, Bruno.

Interesting idea using the hood sides. Could you mock that up and take a pic?

Bruno, the hood side bed would look awesome man......ya gotta do it!! Never actually seen one made of hood sides but have seen a few made from running boards that were cool, like this one from Norm's Speed Shop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfJnEcVkLpY&list=PL2FFB8134B97B940F He's a member here and I think there's a build thread on this truck on here somewhere.

Can't wait to see more progress on your truck, it's gonna be so cool. :cool:

Here are a couple of other pics of the hood sides.

089.jpg

090.jpg

092.jpg

The louvers on both sides are in good shape, straight with some pitting. Maybe that part of the panel could be cut out and incorporated into new bed sides. Getting the bed made will be one of the last things done so it will be awhile.

Spent a little time in the garage today. Wrapped my pipes and came up a little short (story of my life).

IMG_1075.jpg Ordered a 15ft roll from Speedway today.

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg Put a little primered cardboard on the bed side. don't think it looks to good. May have to get Mike to make me a normal bed if I can't find a used one. You would think that living in the country I could find one that had been made into a trailer! Bed will be around 56" long with the wheel centered.
'

The bed is looking good, just a little incomplete. Stake pockets and top rails will make a difference. If you were closer I'd give you one.

Latest posts

Back