1937 Chevy Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The inner structure is untouched and it does, indeed, have wrinkles in the areas indicated below...

attachment.php

I was taught, "Last in - First out"... so, we'll apply some tension and work the wrinkles out...

Attachments

• body28.jpg
    body28.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 85
Y'all are doing away with the Impala tail lights aren't you Dr C? A single might look OK on the fender, but they look goofy on the trunk lid.:rolleyes:

Those lights were the very first things removed. (B-tard hates them and so do I. :mad:)

B-tard chose his tail lights some time ago and he has them "in stock" along with many other parts and pieces we'll need sooner or later... anyhow, they're '40 Chevy repops with LED lamps/lenses...

'40 Chevy coupe as GM intended...

attachment.php

Same tail lights inverted...

attachment.php

We're no there yet, but we're thinking inverted, swapped left for right and mounted on the fender something like this...

attachment.php

Wrong lights in the photo above, but you get the idea...

Attachments

• 1937 rear.jpg
    1937 rear.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 1940 tail light inverted.jpg
    1940 tail light inverted.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 1940 Tail light.jpg
    1940 Tail light.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 73
I'm kinda wondering if the previous owner was a drywall mudder or stucco applicator. ;);)
[P[P[P

My hat's off to the mud man. My left fist seeks the metal butcher.

Interesting comment,OI.
I have a friend that is building a Chevy coupe of this same vintage and he did put the Buick rear fenders on his. He's been trying to get on this site but has had problems logging in........
Torchie

I'd like to see that project, Torchie. Tell your friend to try logging in @ http://www.ratrodsrule.com/

Here is one pic I have Crank.
I'm faint on details but I believe they are Buick Rear fenders. The coupe is possibly 37?? but a Chevy for sure. He is running a Hot 6 banger in it.
My friend finally got on here but has yet to post, which is too bad as he's 80 years old and has quite a history of car and truck builds.
So we will have to watch for him.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 32
Thanks Torchie. That's a '37 or '38 Chevy all right! I like the Buick fenders. Dodge tail lights? Looks like he changed the dash as well...

Latest posts

Back