magnetic reading glasses

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch

RRR Supportor
I was sick of reading glasses dropping from the neck cord ,getting crushed between me and a body panel, or searching while they were stuck in my hair etc.etc.
A while ago I met this guy who had split window glasses and a solid cord. Got mine today and I love em. [cl

Attachments

• magneet-leesbril-classic-turtle-open.jpg
    magneet-leesbril-classic-turtle-open.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 26
I wear glasses full time. I've also seen American Pickers' Mike use his magnetic split windows.

Please explain the advantage, dutch. The way I see it, you have glasses hanging around your neck, or you have glasses hanging around you neck. [S

I wear glasses full time. I've also seen American Pickers' Mike use his magnetic split windows.

Please explain the advantage, dutch. The way I see it, you have glasses hanging around your neck, or you have glasses hanging around you neck. [S

well, the cord on my previous glasses has rubber rings at the ends through which the legs of the glasses go. They come off easy so glasses drop.
I either wear a Stetson or a welding helmet so you need to fiddle on the chest to get the cord back onto the legs and while doing that you cant use the glasses but you need them so...get the picture...? :D
with a short cord I never get the legs back on and with the long cord the glasses hang at crush hight. Cant get used to varifocus so I`m sentenced to 2 pr glasses :rolleyes:
Hope it makes sense.

Thanks for the explanation, dutch. The magnetic thing made NO sense to me... until you replied and spoke to the cord length. [cl

That said, I completely understand your frustration. I wear "progressive" lenses or varifocus as you described. I don't mind them for most things, but they're not so good in the shop!

I wear progressive lens, or otherwise known as bifocals without the line. They are great if what you are looking at is in front of you or below you. Overhead, not so good. I have taken mine off and put them on upside down to try and see while working overhead. You ought to see me underneath a car sometime, trying to get my head tilted back far enough to see what I need to be looking at! Kinda like the proverbial monkey and the football, he he!:D

I priced trifocals when I got mine renewed last time, $$$$$$:eek: I was going to put my bottom prescription on the top too until they priced them. I'll just move my head for now, might look into those stick ons later.

I have progressive "trifocals" on my handsome, delicate face. :rolleyes:

Under a car, under the dash, low light, black things on black things, seems I'm always at the wrong focal length and I'm constantly rubber-necking to see the subject.

I HATE wearing glasses and I'd like to take the $5000 plunge for corrective laser surgery... however, I understand the odds are against me and I'll STILL need "reading glasses". :mad:

Who makes those magnetics?

I have worn glasses full time since age 6 or so, and am now to the point where I have trifocals, but not the type that allow you to see above you. I had the gradual type until they said they couldn't put all that difference into the small space of the lens, so now I have the type with 3 separate sections, with ridges between them, to get the focus correct for each distance range. (Distance, computer screen, and reading) The business of trying to throw your head way back, or wearing them upside down, is no joke. I had special glasses just for computer focal distance for a while, but it gets really expensive keeping two separate pair of glasses current. When we lived in a remote area of the Amazon, I always kept a spare pair of glasses along, because I can see almost nothing w/o my glasses - can't read anything at all. The whole world turns hazy. As a welder I used to work with said, "Glasses are not to make it like it used to be - they're just to make do."

I have progressive "trifocals" on my handsome, delicate face. :rolleyes:

Under a car, under the dash, low light, black things on black things, seems I'm always at the wrong focal length and I'm constantly rubber-necking to see the subject.

I HATE wearing glasses and I'd like to take the $5000 plunge for corrective laser surgery... however, I understand the odds are against me and I'll STILL need "reading glasses". :mad:

Who makes those magnetics?

Take a trip down here Doc! They advertise laser surgery for 299 an eye...

Take a trip down here Doc! They advertise laser surgery for 299 an eye...

Thanks for the invite, small, but I'd rather fling myself off a bridge. (No offense or insult intended... just saying, your heat and humidity would kill me in and hour! :eek:)

Does that mean we're Canada's Mexico :D

Mexico is Mexico. I visited in '76 and I understand you can buy organs, eyes, clay pots and velvet paintings well below market value. :rolleyes:

Guys, I'm not kidding. One of the biggest lasik surgery centers has a special on tv with that price. I'd have to be so blind I couldn't get around probably to voluntarily take a laser shot to each eye I'm afraid...:D

Latest posts

Back