29 Roadster pick up build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegio

I'm new to the site and figured I'd start a build thread-
The truck has been in my wife's family since the late 60's. It kinda changed hands within the family a few times and I always kept an eye on it. Well as luck would have it, the last owner just wanted it out of his yard and I went and picked it up in December 2015! It has always been a California car (at least from the 60's).

How she was when I brought her home-
Fairly complete only missing the firewall, grill shell, and hood. Chassis and motor were complete. I sold the frame and motor as a roller because I knew I was starting fresh.

Picked up a frame from Boling Brothers in Lindsay Ca. Z'ed 8" in the rear, 2" sweep up front and extended a few inches for firewall clearance.

Rear end is a Ford 8", 4 link, coil over

Front is a SoCal beam, and a bunch of speedway stuff-

350/350 combo

Motor and trans in for mock up, brakes set up and wheels and tires mounted. Finally a roller!

Building the floor and tunnel. 5" channel

Cut the bed floor for the channel and to figure out clearance/height to cab

How she sits now-

I'm going to the roadster show/swap meet this weekend at Pomona hoping to score some good parts! I'm looking for a tunnel ram set up and a grill shell, but who knows what I'll find!

I'll keep the thread updated as I build it. Finishing the floor and building some lake style pipes are next on the list.

Thanks for all the props guys! Roadster show swap section was huge! Couldn't find a tunnel ram for decent $$$. But I did pick up a new dash panel, dash support and a window frame. Gonna get back to working on the floor this week.

That's looking great! That's what I love about hot rodding, I have a completely different plan for my '28 RPU, so they'll be way different even starting from the same vehicle!

I've been busy with work/travel, but I managed to work on the floors as I had time. Finished up welding the floor supports, channel rails and trans tunnel structure.

Also picked up some lake pipes from Boling Brothers-

I'm gonna start skinning the tunnel, getting the seat/mounts figured out and finishing up the floor covering.

Latest posts

Back