Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's magic Crank.:D[S:confused:[ddd
I did the trunk lid just like the door. Peeled the skin around the inner frame.
All the sectioning was done to the inner frame work. The skin was just trimmed off the bottom leaving enough to fold over.
At this point it's just sitting on there but the fit is pretty good.
The inner frame needs some work so nothing is welded in yet.
Sorry if my last post was confusing.
Torchie

I have RRFS... also known as, Recurring Red Face Syndrome. :mad:

The Dodge has a long vertical surface area where the trunk handle goes so that makes this possible.
Torchie

Thanks for your explanations... clearly, I'm a little slow on the uptake, sometimes! :eek:

I have RRFS... also known as, Recurring Red Face Syndrome. :mad:

Thanks for your explanations... clearly, I'm a little slow on the uptake, sometimes! :eek:

I was slower than you Doc. I was totally bum fuzzled :confused:

Don't worry about it guys.
You both do stuff that I just scratch my head about.LOL
Sometimes my pictures show things that are not orientated well so it's hard to tell what's going.
I try not to get too wordy in my posts but sometimes pics aren't enough. And since someone may be actually learning something from me I try not to skip anything.
Torchie

Sectioned the PS door today. Done like the DS only this time on the bottom of the door instead of peeling back the fold to free the skin from the inner frame I used a grinder. Ground the very bottom of the door skin until the panels separated. Literally took about 5 minutes to do it this way.
The bottom of the door skin gets trimmed anyway.
On the sides the overlap got peeled back.
Door bottoms are good. Just surface rust that will get cleaned up and treated before final assembly.
That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
Sometimes my pictures show things that are not orientated well so it's hard to tell what's going on.

I'll admit... I have that problem... among many others. :eek:

I try not to get too wordy in my posts but sometimes pics aren't enough. And since someone may be actually learning something from me I try not to skip anything.

Speak, Professor Torchie, speak! You're putting on a clinic for those of us who never built a traditional custom... where to cut, why and how are questions we students need answers to!

Thanks for the props gang.
Tomorrow I start another trip around the sun so I don't know if I will get into the shop. What with the Bacchanalia and all.:D :eek: :p [ddd
With out kids around Birthdays don't mean so much any more (although I don't take any for granted :). ) I do have an appointment to get my newly rebuilt real leg knee brace back.(Finally)
Supposed to be in the mid 50's and raining so now we have to watch for flooding.
Thanks for checking up on me...
Torchie

Cleaned up a bit in the shop.
Got the car turned around. Tacked together the PS door and got it hung.
I'm done for today..:eek:
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 32