Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tedious. But necessary....

A little shop time this morning.
Pulled the front sheet metal off the Dodge and got it back up on rollers.
The weather doesn't show much improvement for a while yet so rather then push the Dodge out I going back to turning it sideways in the shop and hang the curtain to divide it off from the boat project.
Lately it seems that my plans are only plans for a few days.[S
I know. S%#* changes.[ddd
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 18
I went thru the effort to get the Dodge back on rollers today. This is the kind of stuff that is hard on me. Having to get down and up and down and up.........Well. You get the idea.
The issue is this .
As you can see from the first Pic there is something really catawampous going on here. The DS looks like it is way lower then the PS distorting the back of the body.
Well it turns out that the DS isn't low. The PS is high.
All of this is being caused by the rear axle / drive shaft /Trans, shifting from pushing the car around.
When I chopped and sectioned this I had everything squared up, braced and leveled.
You can see by the pics of the rear tires that the axle has shifted as well as pushing the trans over to the PS. The rear axle is just temp clamped with some wooden lowering blocks that I used for a mock up.
I put a jack under the DS and now all's pretty much back where it needs to be. Last teo pics.
So at this point I will need to find a pair of matching profile tires for the front (I compensated for that with blocks to get the frame level from side to side before all the cutting) Get the trans pulled and the rear axle back to where it needs to be.
Then I can get serious about finishing the welding on the body.
Hopefully I can get some help with some of this. If not...."Once more unto the breach, dear friends."[ddd
Thanks for looking in....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 21
you need a floor made of roller bearings, it could work if you had soft sole shoes that gripped the bearing cages [cl[cl

kidding. I know where you at are moving stuff around by yourself, its no fun. stay safe!

Agreed, take it easy there Torchie! I know that warm rush of a feeling when you suddenly see that something is out of whack, or catawampous as you say! I'm glad you were able to get it back in shape.

Thanks for the concern gang.:)
Next time I will post one of those warnings like. "No Torchies were harmed in the making of these posts."[ddd :D
Life with a prosthetic can be interesting. I always try to see the humor in it.
Sometimes when there is more then a few of us at the leg shop at the same time they put us together, while they work on stuff. So of course we all sit around reading what ever outdated Mag they have and eventually the talk will turn to "What stupid thing did you do this week."
It's fun to see the looks on the newbies faces when they hear some of the stories.:eek:
Any way...
Glad I didn't push the Dodge out side as we awoke to this today. Yesterday it was all bare ground.
Annoying, but Beautiful.
Keep on keeping on.......
Unstuckfully yours,
Torchie.

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 15
That's a deal for sure Dozer.:eek:[dr:cool:
They make nice cruisers. I love the rear suicide doors.
There is the Plymouth version of one of those that has been for sale up north from me for a while. A 80's car for sure with a 350 and Fusia colored paint.
Torchie

Time to get back to being serious again.
Spent the day cleaning and getting reorganized out in the shop.
Everyday drivers are outside now. Dodge has been repositioned. Boat uncovered. And the visqueen wall that separates church and state has been hung.[ddd
Moving that car by myself pretty much used up all of my grunts.:eek::p
More cleaning tomorrow and then over to my Moms -in -law for her 92 Birthday/Easter combo dinner.
Thanks for stopping by......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 24