Made a little more progress......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, I'll pass the nice words along to Dan. I hope he gets this thing done soon, I need him to help me build a new frame for my own rpu............HEY, isn't that WHY you have Kids?????? :D

Don

Exaulted CA builder!!

I just caught your new handle! Had a good laugh at that! although you do good work! [cl

Real nice job!!!!!!!!!!
It's great to have folks that will share what they've learned with others, this site rocks.[dr;)[;)

Geez guys, I haven't been ignoring your posts, I just didn't realize this thread was still alive as late as June. Sorry. :eek:

Well, as I've mentioned on other threads, we did get the car done in time for Billetproof in April, and went. Since then Dan has put about 500 miles on the car but it was progressively getting worse on using oil. So we tore it down and found two broken oil rings, one scored cyinder, and bad valve guides throughout. So we started over with a new block that is in the machine shop right now, and his car is in a million pieces. Trying to get it back together for Turkey Run at Thanksgiving.

In case you haven't seen this video, here is the car at Billetproof.

Don

http://www.youtube.com/user/dhdh71#p/a/u/2/xLbT0VCcdoQ

Thought I should update this thread a little since it has been over 6 months since I posted anything. We got Dan's new motor done and installed and it has about 1,000 miles on it since then. The new motor seems to have cured all the ills we had with the old one, it runs great and makes very good HP. So his car is finally done with nothlng left to do on it. :D

But, he is ready to start building a new project and has decided to build something VERY radical. I don't want to say what it is yet until he starts building it and posts some pictures of his own, but I can say that the only parts on the car that won't be hand built will be the drive train and a few suspension parts. Aside from that EVERYTHING will have to be hand made, even the body, and I bet no one ever saw this exact car going down the road before.

Not being a tease, just don't want to take his thunder away, but once he starts a build thread on the HAMB (that is his only forum), I will be sure to post some pictures and updates on here.

It is going to be WILD !!!!!!!! :D:D

Don

Oooops ! I forgot, no profanity on here !! :D Well, he has shelved the project he was going to do for a while. I gave him the Fox Mustang I was going to build because he was looking for one and I wasn't really doing anything with mine, so he is in the process of tubbing it and putting a cage in it. His HAMB buddies will probably disown him. :eek::D

Don

Latest posts

Back