47 merc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
47merc

Side pipes: Yes or No ?????

Attachments

• SUNP0040.jpg
    SUNP0040.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 37
  • SUNP0041.jpg
    SUNP0041.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 35
I think those side pipes were made for a different project. But, I am not you, so what do I know?

Your car is coning along splendidly. [cl

47merc

I have read all of the comments about my build. I just wanted to thank everyone for them. Henry.

I have an opinion on this Henry. If you have the right stance on your late forties car, you can get away with side pipes and fender skirts. No safety screens around the pipes though. The right stance, you ask, yes, the car has to be a tail dragger. Don't let it hang down in the front. I'm going to prove this will work on a '46 Dodge coupe and a '47 Merc coupe, I think.

Those side pipes look nice, what does it look like from the whole side profile???

I'll have to drop by with the 50 chevy Bella... so we can catch up, it's been a while!

47merc

Help??????????? After building new trunk floor/two months later I found out that I was missing the panel for the trunk to latch to. It was missing/don't have a clue to what it looks like. Any help???????????? C.C. 13 : You are welcome anytime.

Here are some pictures, Henry.
Figure one is the two holes in the trunk floor to bolt the latch to. This shot is from a 1948 Monarch coupe. It should be the same as a Mercury. I could not get my Mercury sedan trunk open, so no pictures from there.
Figure two is looking straight up into the trunk lid at the latching mechanism. That moving tongue sticking down is pressed steel so it's not solid but hollow.
Figure three is the latch from a 1947 Ford coupe. That's probably what you have to make. If the Ford coupe looks a little rough to you, it's a good thing I showed you the only good section. Some turkey had rolled around and otherwise played with a pretty nice '47 coupe, with a D7 Cat, eventually pushing the car into a tree at the drivers door. the centre section of the drivers door is right over the transmission tunnel. Hope these help.

Attachments

• IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1493.jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
47merc

Thanks Mercury Mac / The pictures tell me I have more work to do. I have an aftermarket latch I mite use. lot less work.

47merc

I have found the factory latch / top and bottom piece. It will be easy to install. Thanks for the help.

47merc back to work

Well the break is over. Installed tail pan & filler panel/ not a bad days work in 95 degree weather.

Attachments

• SUNP0051.jpg
    SUNP0051.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 32
  • SUNP0052.jpg
    SUNP0052.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 32
henrys47merc

Had to see how rear seat would look in it.

Attachments

• SUNP0055.jpg
    SUNP0055.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 36
  • SUNP0056.jpg
    SUNP0056.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 31
  • SUNP0057.jpg
    SUNP0057.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back