Racecar to RATROD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a lil update: Took the 41 out again today and as i was pulling out the driveway a sheriff deputy came buy and gave me a thumbs up. No lights,windshield plate etc... This thing is a ROCKETT ship. Will try and put a longer video up this weekend. Just for kicks and giggles I ran it up to about 7000 rpm with a 588 gear and it was smooth. Handles great in the turns. rear brakes need to be done. Gonna try and work on some lights this weekend and seatbelts harnesses. OH yeh I got some tires for it. FREEBEE.

I havent forgotten about yall. Been spending alot of time at the lake with my daughter. I have been working on the handeling set up on the ole 41. We took it for a spin and as you can see in the pic had a lil problem. The driveshaft loops did a great job from destroying anything or getting to us. All i need is a new u joint with some LOCK WASHERS. Everything else is great. Hope yall are doing well. Still waitin on the perfect video for ya.

Attachments

• Broke but not Busted.jpg
    Broke but not Busted.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 180
cool

a race car on the street? that is an insane idea, who would be dumb enough to do that[S

haahhaaa they are fun, same thing with me. followed in the jalopy race car by the po-po, behind me for a about a mile, pulled up next to me at the intersection, kinda gave a weird look my way, shook her head and drove off the other direction.

Later:cool:

Good to be back, The last 4 years have been BUSY with work and my family. I have taken the rod out for some fun spins and holy crap its wicked fast and turns on a dime. No more thrown drive shafts or burnt clutches. Went with a lightweight zoom clutch and lock nuts. Rubuilt door hinges because original ones were rusted out. Started working on front end sheet metal about 6 months ago and doing one side is easy but matching the other side was a nightmare. Plans are to fab some grill parts to match what is on each side.
Rear bed side panels are done and have some fenders for the rear as well. With the front be spread apart so far I had to go a different route with the head light because the originals were pointing outward. They are in place temporially until I complete the fender mods. This video was taken last week after I adjusted the carb and jets. Pipe dream is twin turbos hanging over the fenders. HMMMMMMM.

Tried to download video and pics but it said security token was missing or something like that...

Ok,mocking up rear fenders and will cut flat side of the back of the fender once I get it completely supported and it stays the shape I am looking for. I will take the side panel off then and make a filler piece and then remove braces. I have the side panels attached with klekos so I can remove rear bed for fabrication. Probably going to weld rear fenders to the bed because it will be impossible to remove fattys on the rear without removing fenders, yep that's nuts but this project is nuts. From the rear if I don't extend the bed I will have to make inner fenders and tear drop them. Looks pretty kool from back. Here are a few pics for ga. Again I'm having issues with posting a video. Well crap still having issues with posting photos and videos, will post them when admin straightens me out...

OK, Got one of the rear fenders close. Need to support the fender and side of bed because the weight of the fender is making it uneven. Now that I have figured out the rear fenders the plan is to make running boards next... I have another 46 front end that will complete the front sheet metal once I dig it out of the woods. I think it is in better shape than the one I hung on there and if so I will redo it. I hope the pics come out this time.

Attachments

• IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Back