'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"So much for overnight shipping on the fuel pump, it won't be here till Wednesday. Patience my _ss I got driving to do!!!!!!!" Pops

Ya know, I'm thinking that overnight shipping just ain't gonna happen regardless of carrier or distributor. I've tried before with lots of different avenues to get packages delivered in the "overnight" mode. All promises and mucho more money involved and not a one yet has happened "overnight"...

I'm sure your ears won't keep keep your brain from feeling the thrill of the ride!
A really fine job you did Pops!

Agreed^^^^^^^^^^
If you go fast enough. You won't hear the noise POPS. [ddd
Going to be interesting to see how fast all the stuff that I ordered gets here. I forgot that this coming Monday is Memorial Day.:eek:
Torchie

Ya that will shut things down for an additional two days.
We have the NSRA Mid America show over this weekend so we have some distraction to help us.
I'll be at the rear entrance to the right of the gate where all the cars, that enter, have to pass in front of us;)

"So much for overnight shipping on the fuel pump, it won't be here till Wednesday. Patience my _ss I got driving to do!!!!!!!" Pops

Ya know, I'm thinking that overnight shipping just ain't gonna happen regardless of carrier or distributor. I've tried before with lots of different avenues to get packages delivered in the "overnight" mode. All promises and mucho more money involved and not a one yet has happened "overnight"...

I'm sure your ears won't keep keep your brain from feeling the thrill of the ride!
A really fine job you did Pops!

What a waste of money. I'll not be doing that again. I went for a ride to NAPA today and that pump is really annoying. I'll probably wait till I can
get it replaced before any more cruising.

Agreed^^^^^^^^^^
If you go fast enough. You won't hear the noise POPS. [ddd
Going to be interesting to see how fast all the stuff that I ordered gets here. I forgot that this coming Monday is Memorial Day.:eek:
Torchie

I had forgotten about Memorial Day. Kinda a sad time for me, I lost a lot of friends in Viet Nam.

Ya that will shut things down for an additional two days.
We have the NSRA Mid America show over this weekend so we have some distraction to help us.
I'll be at the rear entrance to the right of the gate where all the cars, that enter, have to pass in front of us;)

That sounds like a good time. Enjoy!!

While driving this thing the other day I noticed it pulled a little to the right.
Got it up on the lift and checked things out. Found two different lengthes on
the rear spring shackles. Fixed that and did a tape measure alignment and
toe in adjustment . Drives like it's on a rail now.

I got an Autometer tach to match the gauges in the mail today. Plan on installing that tomorrow if I can decide on where to put it. Don't seem to be
able to find a spot that looks right to me.

Just take the muffler off til you can get the new pump.

That thought crossed my mind. But I'm old and tired and it's to much work.
I guess I'll patiently wait. Still haven't seen the "next day shipment".
In my younger days I would've been raising hell-0.
Just for the heck of it I should refuse it when it does come and order one
off amazon.com. But that would tie up my money.
Waiting, waiting, waiting............

Waiting, waiting, waiting............Pops

Know what you mean. Speedway is usually pretty quick to me but ordered parts Saturday and won't see them till Friday....I don't think the holiday has anything to do with it...

Waiting, waiting, waiting............Pops

Know what you mean. Speedway is usually pretty quick to me but ordered parts Saturday and won't see them till Friday....I don't think the holiday has anything to do with it...

The waiting is finally over, it showed up today. The problem is it wasn't sent
next day air even tho I paid for it. I called Jegs and they gave me a $100
gift certificate for their screw up, so it was worth the wait. That's nearly 1/2 the price of the pump so I'm happy.

Just find a way to change the tone on that fuel pump so it whines like a blower [cl

Any ideas on how to do that? I think its a good idea.

I got the new fuel pump installed this afternoon. What a difference!
It is well worth the price. You can hear a soft whir with the ignition on but I can't here it inside the cab with the engine running, even at an idle.

I know what pump not to recommend and which one to recommend if asked
about an electric fuel pump now. Thanks DJ1300.

Put 60 miles on it this afternoon and loving it. All is good.

Whew, glad you're happy with it. I would have felt pretty bad if it was just a loud as the other one.

I'm very happy with it. That Jegs pump has got to be the loudest pump I've ever heard. It just irritated the snot out of me every time I started the motor.
Life is good!

Working on the small things.

I got my tach mounted, new outside mirror brackets and mirrors mounted, and made a mount for the interior mirror. Should be safer changing lanes.
Replaced the rear end pinion seal and adjusted the rear brakes a little.

I went for another test run this morning early. I had it to 85 MPH the other day and found the pulling issue. Fixed that and took it to 95 MPH and drove it 10 miles at that speed today. All is good except my 1/2'' particle board bed floor tried to fly out. No vibrations other than rough road. It's really sad when you can't find a smooth road in New Mexico. I've been trying to make up my mind on what to do for the bed floor.

I need to do some playing with rear shocks and take the particle board out
for the next test run.

Really pleased with the cooling system on this. Runs at 185* running it hard.

Attachments

• IMG_3794.jpg
    IMG_3794.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3796 (2).jpg
    IMG_3796 (2).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 28
Out Standing

I wish i had a ten mile stretch of road to run 95 smooth or not. [cl. Tried in NM in the 70's and got to donate to the NM Highway Patrol :mad:

Enjoy your ride.

Pops, I installed a steel floor taken out of a newer Chevy pickup into a 52 Chevy bed.
It turned out great.

Last edited:
"I got my tach mounted, new outside mirror brackets and mirrors mounted, and made a mount for the interior mirror. Should be safer changing lanes.
Replaced the rear end pinion seal and adjusted the rear brakes a little. "

That sounds like at least a weeks worth of work to me. Mirrors look great.

That's probably the first time in it's 68 years it has seen anything faster than 50 mph.

Latest posts

Back