My lil Girls 37

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started on the exhaust.

pipes2_zps469a859c.jpg

pipes1_zpsc4c2053f.jpg

pipes3_zpscebd9e6a.jpg

Picked up the headlight/turn signal sealed beams from the show in Vegas.
lights_zps0d7b8034.jpg

Stuff I'd worked on earlier in the year had surface rust forming and a wire brush didn't want to clean it so I thought I'd try CLR and a scotchbrite pad.

Tried my hand at spraying,it's an epoxy sealer so all the small imperfections I can now see should be easy to fix.

I bought a stud gun a few years ago to pull some dents on a friends project and then bought a 'shrinking tip' for it.
Thought I'd try it on the roof.3
Works like a charm,pull the trigger for 1/2 second then a gentle tap from behind and its all good.

That stud gun looks like it is working well. It looks like you have the rest of the cab ironed out nicely.

I remember when I was young.
I had a 67 Camaro and painted it about 6 or 8 times with hardware store paint.Yellow,blue,green,etc,etc and ended up back red like it was original.
I learned a lot messing with that car.
It has a happy ending too.I sold it to a rich kid who had all my paint blasted off and it ended up Gloss black with a set of new Keystones.:)
Your 37 Truck looks great.

English Bob....

What is the difference between Rustoleum tremclad and the Professional stuff in the US....Canada is the only place you can find tremclad....don't sell it here...or at least in Mich....just wondering.... Truck looks great by the way.... that misty mint green is kinda cool....

The purple is stock tremclad.
Never build a truck for a 15 YO girl who cant decide on colour.
Final ish colour on now.

Thought I saw a couple Tremclad cans there. Sarge, Tremclad is just the Canadian trade name for Rustoleum, same stuff, though they seem to be phasing out the Tremclad name now as Rustoleum is showing up in larger print on the labels, probably trying to play up the rust-covering abilities more...

Ok thanks....

I thought that maybe tremclad had some other chemicals or such that the EPA wouldn't allow in the US.....but then again...Canada is usually more strick about that than US....reason I asked is you can't get Satin black in rustoleum professional gallons here...only flat.....but you can get satin black in Tremclad over there....

Latest posts

Back