50 fochevalac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't got much done in the past week . I did spend all of my mad money though. I have been watching Craigs list for a welder. I went and looked at this one on Sunday and brought it home to stay.
20131029_212854_zps9a7201ad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got it going tonight.I had to make an adaptor cord. I welded my shifter on with it tonight.
20131029_213205_zpsf1764456.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have a Hobart 125 . It was the one giving me problems. It is working good now. Except it needs a liner. I have one waiting for me at air gas. The new one is a Hobart 210 . I took it for a long test drive before I bought it. Everything worked great. It even cam with a tank.

I got a heck of a deal on the welder . I payed about half price of new. I had to sped all of my mad money on it though .The shifter I built . If you look a few post back there is a link to the Youtube video that shows how to do it.

Well I got some time today to work on the truck. Got the body mounts made and welded on still have to do all the finish welding and drill the holes threw the floor to bolt the cab on . I lowered the cab down onto the mounts with the rubber pads just sitting anthem . Everything looked good .
IMG_0679_zpsec2f8d70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0681_zps307b1da0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0680_zps3d2ae423.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0683_zps1315276a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0682_zpsb55d5382.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got a little more done tonight. The mounts were in the right spots so I took the cab back off and welded them all up .I also drilled a center hole in each pad so when I set the cab back on I can go under it and drill the mount holes through the floor .Once the cab is mounted I am going to work on the steering column .I need to notch it up into the dash . So I will have enough leg room in the cab .
IMG_0685_zps8c7cb48d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0686_zps81e84aa5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Are you going to use any kind of rubber biscuts between the floor and the mounts?
Your welds look great. Wish that mine looked that good[;)
Torchie.

Yes I am going to use rubber biscuits . You can see them stacked on the farm in one of the pics. I use a hole saw and cut them out of a rubber horse stall mat.

Well I no longer have a cab and frame. Now I have a truck . I got the cab mounted for the first time today . One small step on a long road. The cab sets on a rubber mount and I have a smaller rubber pad on the bottom then a 1/4 inch thick 2 1/8 inch washer on the bottom . I used a grade 5 3/8 th. carriage bolt to hold the cab to the mount .
20131123_185559_zps03d53df5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I also finished welding the frame notch above the rear axle . An filled in lots of old holes in the frame .
IMG_0688_zps427518c8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Back