'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throttle linkage. All home made with stuff laying around. My little Fuji Camera finally died. Went to a camera store to buy a cheap replacement. No such thing, cameras are expensive. Phone cameras have replaced the cheapies. I picked up a used Canon G15 for little money. It has more functions than the space shuttle.

Attachments

• Throttle linkage 003.jpg
    Throttle linkage 003.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Throttle linkage 001.jpg
    Throttle linkage 001.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Throttle linkage 002.jpg
    Throttle linkage 002.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Well Bob, that pair of 2100 1.02 look real cool on your old plenum intake. Nice linkage work. Will be interested in how the carbs mounted 90 degrees from original on the float bowls works out under "hard acceleration" when your showing off to the locals.:D [cl[cl[cl

I'm just an observer for a few days while the four new holes in my belly heal. Friday morning I said Bye bye to my gall bladder.

Been fooling around with the carbs trying to get the engine to run right. The water pump is leaking and there is an oil leak around the oil pump too.

The good news is my Bonehead Customz steering arrived today. Pictures do not do it justice. It must be seen in person; you gotta feel it, to fully appreciate the genius that Jeff has as a metal artist.

old28, I drive like the little old man that I am so I doubt fuel sloshing out of the bowls will be a problem.

Attachments

• Steering Wheel 001.jpg
    Steering Wheel 001.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Steering Wheel 002.jpg
    Steering Wheel 002.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 50
  • Steering Wheel 003.jpg
    Steering Wheel 003.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I'm just an observer for a few days while the four new holes in my belly heal. Friday morning I said Bye bye to my gall bladder.

Been fooling around with the carbs trying to get the engine to run right. The water pump is leaking and there is an oil leak around the oil pump too.

The good news is my Bonehead Customz steering arrived today. Pictures do not do it justice. It must be seen in person; you gotta feel it, to fully appreciate the genius that Jeff has as a metal artist.

old28, I drive like the little old man that I am so I doubt fuel sloshing out of the bowls will be a problem.

Little old man or not, bob. You've got a really cool steering wheel.[ddd :D :cool:
The first time someone saw me with my shirt off after my gallbladder surgery I could see them counting the holes and wondering.[S :eek::D
[P [P [P
Torchie

Well Bob my 1971 F250 300" motor ride sees 35-45 90% of the time, I am a true "slow cruising old west coast dude". Going into the hospital on the 15th for a chemical stress test to check my oxygen level as my heart Dr. is concerned as I have no energy & I am tired all of the time.

That is the coolest RR steering wheel I have ever seen. Jeff is a top notch metal artist. You will get some comments on it when you get the roadster PY on the road.

Hope you had a good 4th of July.[cl[P

my heart Dr. is concerned as I have no energy & I am tired all of the time.[cl[P

I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a low testosterone level.
Your level is supposed to be mid triple digits and mine was 17. Been on Androgel now for 6 months and I'm back to 400 feeling much better.

The wheel changes the attitude of the whole build, can't wait to hear reactions of the general public to the whole build. Hope you get to feeling like being back to work on it soon.

I had to shift gears and spend some time replacing the plug fouling 305 in my Anglia. Got the repaired 355 ready to go in between the frame rails. Gonna run an Air Gap manifold with a 600cfm Holley instead of the old C4B manifold and Edelbrock carb.

Attachments

• Anglia Engine 001.jpg
    Anglia Engine 001.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 51
Yes I'll do something to improve the grip and reduce heat transfer without taking away from the aesthetics of the wheel. On the other hand If I don't get moving on it I'll have to worry about freezing my knarled hands. Wednesday I did some heavy work, for a little old guy (turned 78 on Friday). By Friday I realized I musta pulled something in my chest. Can't breathe without hurting. Can't lay down. Can't sleep. It's a female dog getting old.

Last edited:
Yes I'll do something to improve the grip and reduce heat transfer without taking away from the aesthetics of the wheel. On the other hand If I don't get moving on it I'll have to worry about freezing my knarled hands. Wednesday I did some heavy work, for a little old guy (turned 78 on Friday). By Friday I realized I musta pulled something in my chest. Can't breathe without hurting. Can't lay down. Can't sleep. It's a female dog getting old.

Geez,bob.:eek:
As my dear old daddy used to say. "No good deed goes unpunished."
I know we all get tired of telling each other this...
Take it easy.
[P [P [P
Torchie
p.s. My wife the certified message therapist says that it may be something in your upper back or shoulder causing the chest pain.

All healed up. Back on the Anglia. I finally got the engine in the hole. Gonna hafta pace myself from now on.

Attachments

• Bullet In 001.jpg
    Bullet In 001.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Bullet In 002.jpg
    Bullet In 002.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 32
Bob, glad to hear your feeling better. "Gotta Watch Those I'll Help Offers":rolleyes:

I have never seen this Anglia before, must have missed it. Is it a street/strip or street only? Great looking front end. What's the motor got in it?

Latest posts

Back