Kechi 1949 3100 4.3 4L60e

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the real estate deal. I can't speak for everyone, but no you won't overload us with posting. I appreciate all your updates!

^^^^^ Agreed^^^^^
Way too many sites are failing due to lack of new posts. One of the wooden boat sites I'm on goes 3-4 weeks sometimes with nothing new. People get to the point where they just stop looking in.
Lets not let that happen here.
Working by yourself can be a challenge sometimes. Other times it's a meditation.;)
Torchie

If I update too much, let me know, I can store it up for a week. I usually get stuff done every day and sometimes hold the updates.

I don't say enough to support build threads... shame on me. :eek:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I enjoy your posts, your descriptions and clever wit. Don't think for a minute you're being ignored. I'm following and (usually) don't open my trap, unless I have a question or something to contribute to your build.

This forum is the best thing since sliced bread, especially the builds section. I'm hooked. One of the reasons that it is the best is, people post their progress and others add mostly positive comments. If you don't post much and I don't comment much then the forum shrivels up and becomes useless. What good is that!
Build more and Post more.
I appreciate your postings, although quietly sometimes.
[;)[;)[;):cool::cool::cool:

Sometimes I don't always post but still do enjoy the show...I've got commitments to help build a house, tons of projects, all of which would really like to be in the barn but there's a tractor in the way while it's being fixed. Still need a daily fix that somebody got something done.

thanks,

I was just momentarily self-aware of always posting updates, glad its not a problem. ;)

no updates, yesterday I took the scrap to the recycler, I just dumped that old trailer frame on top of the cut front frame and drove slow haha. today was sitting my nephew (hilarious kid) and then a birthday party for my niece. tomorrow!

This forum is the best thing since sliced bread, especially the builds section. I'm hooked.

2X. Agree 100% Mac. Not only are your posts not a problem Joe...they are therapy for guys like me who arn't get'n enough done. Ran a table saw and chop saw all day. Did score points with the boss. :cool:

Hope you didn't take my previous post the wrong way Joe. I never get tired of watching a craftsman at work. It just makes me wonder where all my energy has went anymore, I'm always too tired to do much of anything. I'm thinking this work thing is sapping me and taking away all my fun time, gonna have to do something about that before long.

well never say never. if you offer and they say no, offer again. and again. and again and again and again. and if they say no six times try seven. cooler heads prevailed and I waited a month and two complete auctions and offered again. and they said yes.

so if you were looking for a truck update this has consumed my weekend and monday so far, and tomorrow looks suspect. they want a 4 week close but I am going to shoot for 2.

well never say never. if you offer and they say no, offer again. and again. and again and again and again. and if they say no six times try seven. cooler heads prevailed and I waited a month and two complete auctions and offered again. and they said yes.

so if you were looking for a truck update this has consumed my weekend and monday so far, and tomorrow looks suspect. they want a 4 week close but I am going to shoot for 2.

Good luck on the deal joe.
You are right. I've seen more that one offer go south only to be replaced with another.
Keep at it and let us know.
[P [P. [P
Torchie

it was a rodeo at the end, a lot of mexican standoffing on both sides. my problem? there were other bidders. their problem? the other bidders were 75% of my highest offer. so we waited for the other to blink.

in the end we both blinked (blunk?), I acquiesced that they would never send me pictures of the damage from a break in a month ago, and they acquiesced to a lower offer than my top offer but still close. its a good gamble on both sides, but we are both saying "we know it was damaged but we dont care how much" and so now we are closing inside of a month. deposits are made, insurance and utilities are staged. without the need for financing and therefore not needing the commensurate appraisals, inspections, and huge closing escrow, we could close monday if they want. maybe they will be ready sooner. I know I am, I will probably start loading the car trailer saturday. :D

anyhoo, need some work pictures. I feel sluggish.

I want seatbelts but my T47 bit broke trying to get the floor bolts out. I cut out the whole rocker/jamb area so I could do it when I got a new bit. I got a new one but didnt want to break it so I chopped off the bottom side, and what was left spun right out.

attachment.php

I went looking at the yard for a seat and got a deal on one that was already the right color and already nicely reupholstered in leather and cloth. $75 including the matching seat belts (including the reels and belts not shown!) IF I pulled it. well the new T47 held up.

attachment.php

saw an oldie stuck on a tree, thats gotta be from the 50s for an elm to get that big.

attachment.php

I wished this one would have still had its buddy bucket setup, although looking again I dont think its a real sport model. Looks like it started life white.

attachment.php

got my pedal mount finished up to try the fit, it fits! I suspected it might.

attachment.php

the gas pedal looks too high but trust me its the photograph, the gas pedal is actually lower and behind the brake pedal like it should be.

went by the new shop just to daydream, noticed that one of the neighbors has a funny looking dog.

attachment.php

on one hand I hope for a fast close, because its exciting, and on the other I hope for a longer close so I can get this truck knocked around. the post close will be all about getting utilities hooked and security cameras installed.

Attachments

• IMG_3640.jpg
    IMG_3640.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3633.jpg
    IMG_3633.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3631.jpg
    IMG_3631.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 57540248059__E6194921-244B-40E6-9506-947D9AB0BD34.jpg
    57540248059__E6194921-244B-40E6-9506-947D9AB0BD34.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3642.jpg
    IMG_3642.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3636.jpg
    IMG_3636.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 80
cut

when l was a 1O or 11 year old kid my uncle had a old early 192Oish coupe with the tree thru it, he told us we could have the car if we did not cut down the tree, we never thought to cut the car in two and remove it that way.

then he sold the place and l still wonder if the car had anyone rescue it[S

with age comes wisdom, now we all know to cut the frame in half and use the cowl and whatever is still usable on that truck to save her :D

Later :cool:

Joe, you must be using the black Lisle torx bits? There are better made ones out there. The Lisle ones are cast from something that breaks if you put too much torque on them, I broke a brand new one trying to get a Nissan flywheel off on the first pull of my pull handle! I bought a replacement at Oreillys that is black steel in a chrome socket, that sucka broke the flywheel bolts loose easily with no damage. I know there are some sets made like that out there, but they are a little hard to find at a decent price.

I'd watch that neighbors "dog", he might turn into bacon and ham if you're careful! [ddd:D[ddd:D

thanks dozer!

skull I dont know if anyone will be rescuing that one, its pretty gone. There is a hay truck next to it, probably a 20s chevrolet with 8' sides. If I go back I will get a shot.

yeah torchie, as it stands the closing date is still 26 days away and I am getting the trailer tire fixed tomorrow so I can load everything in the backyard up this weekend.

Joe, you must be using the black Lisle torx bits? There are better made ones out there. The Lisle ones are cast from something that breaks if you put too much torque on them, I broke a brand new one trying to get a Nissan flywheel off on the first pull of my pull handle! I bought a replacement at Oreillys that is black steel in a chrome socket, that sucka broke the flywheel bolts loose easily with no damage. I know there are some sets made like that out there, but they are a little hard to find at a decent price.

I'd watch that neighbors "dog", he might turn into bacon and ham if you're careful! [ddd:D[ddd:D

:D haha he is a funny one, when you say hi he does a little dance and grunts a few times. my daughter thought he was great!

my bits are from oreillys. too. the problem is the S10s, the guy on the production line used threadlocker on the bolts and had the gun turned all the way up. an impact doesnt even touch them. its not a lube or rust problem because they back right out after you crack them, but I have to use a 1/2" breaker bar with a pipe to crack them loose and sometimes the torx cant take it.

I mean, I get it, they use them on the parts that hold belts (the inside seat bolts hold the belt latches) so that they arent easy to take out or leave loose and risk peoples lives. The bits are 5 bucks and I just roll it into the cost of each truck, in the grand scheme 5 bucks isnt bad. kind of wasteful though now that I think about it.

Gotcha. Didn't know if you had seen the chrome /black steel bits or not, just passing it along.

Personally, I HATE Torx bolts! My Freightliner is full of them. Sometimes they come out, sometimes they round off.

Latest posts

Back