TBT... Throwback Thursday!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing... 19 years ago?

Ye Olde "Murder Boat" [ddd

attachment.php

Attachments

• Murder img076 (2).jpg
    Murder img076 (2).jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 81
Throwback Thursday: These were the 1st 3 hennies Karen bought me at the WashDERRteria. They were inspecting my old rat rod pickup & leaving me lil presents! :D

BoB

Attachments

• chickenperch.jpg
    chickenperch.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 30
  • carport copy.jpg
    carport copy.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 30
Throwback Thursday: These were the 1st 3 hennies Karen bought me at the WashDERRteria. They were inspecting my old rat rod pickup & leaving me lil presents! :D

I see one checkin' the firing order. ;) :D

Was any of it in the water when you were ripping down the lake? [ddd

It's a three point hydroplane... when she's cookin', not much. :p

Attachments

• Murder TFH 1.jpg
    Murder TFH 1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Murder TFH.jpg
    Murder TFH.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 19
Dr.C, did that have a Berkley Jet in it or prop? A guy I worked with back in the 70s had a Berkley Jet pump on a boat that would do 80 and I skied behind that bad boy...

Dr.C, did that have a Berkley Jet in it or prop? A guy I worked with back in the 70s had a Berkley Jet pump on a boat that would do 80 and I skied behind that bad boy...

Berkeley 12 JG/R (race model JG)

You're my hero, small! [cl I could never talk anyone into skiing behind it, much less 3 or 4 or 5 at once... which I really, really wanted to do. (A strong jet begs to pull a load.)

From the rear, you can see the pump and the ski eye.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Murder img075.jpg
    Murder img075.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 53
Not too many volunteers around then either!:D It wasn't like normal skiing, mainly just holding on for dear life and didn't dare cross the wake thinking the driver would try to sling me...it was bad enough in the wake.

Photo dated 1907 - Vernon BC. My cousin now owns the tiny big house on the hill. (Center of image, above the road and trees.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Heath Vernon-1907 - size.jpg
    Heath Vernon-1907 - size.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 59
I lover the pic and the history behind it. Looks like the whole town went on a rod run according to the caption

A few hometown pics...

Downtown street scene 1964

attachment.php

Motel postcard, dated 1966. There's a gas station, out of the picture to the right. My buddy and I later owned the tow truck peeking out. The truck is a rare factory 4WD Mercury, which we eventually sold to a restoration nut.

attachment.php

"Main street" dealership. The building still exists, now filled with medical offices.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Regina64.jpg
    Regina64.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 77
  • regina1966.jpg
    regina1966.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 78
  • regina1964 CMP.jpg
    regina1964 CMP.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 78
I built this little rig when my partners and I were in the RV business.

November 1993 - Salmon Arm BC

attachment.php

Attachments

• RRV Nov 93.jpg
    RRV Nov 93.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Back