Photoshop question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I'm working on my new novel, and am thinking of cover ideas. How hard would it be for someone proficient in Photoshop to add the old adobe shack to the photo of the rocks? Maybe even built into the base of the rocks? (of course, my son will be removed from the image) :)

Attachments

• adobeshack2.jpg
    adobeshack2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 46
  • rocks_Jesse.jpg
    rocks_Jesse.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 46
For a book cover they would need to be high resolution & taken basically at the same time of day under the same type of sunshine so the shadows match... that may be hard if the aren't both facing the same direction (N/S/E/W)!

BoB

Attachments

• brickhouse.jpg
    brickhouse.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 35
For a book cover they would need to be high resolution & taken basically at the same time of day under the same type of sunshine so the shadows match... that may be hard if the aren't both facing the same direction (N/S/E/W)!

BoB

That makes sense. They are actually oriented the same basic direction, but the photos were taken at different times of year and different times of day. Thanks for the info, and the work you did. :)

That's a tall order, animal.

Echoing Tripper's sentiments... two images of the same size, perspective and light conditions can be worked together and be somewhat convincing... two images of different size, perspective and light conditions are a challenge beyond my abilities...

That said, I know somebody with amazing skills. He has a background in digital animation, 3D modelling and live action video service manuals for all kinds of applications, including military hardware. Anyhow, If you can provide a person like him with workable photographs, you'll get professional results worthy of your cover.

PM me if you like. It won't cost you an arm and a leg... the expert is my cousin and I'll put in a good word for you, if you're interested...

I'm beginning to think this may be something beyond what is feasible. It was an idea born of having the pic of the old adobe shack and wanting to set it in a setting comparable to what's in the book. Maybe I'll need to just set the shack against some sort of background (or not use it at all.) I have a bunch of pics of that area, and maybe I can do some adjusting to one in order to get the spooky feel I want. Thanks for your info and advice! I might talk to your cousin to see what he thinks, though.

I'm beginning to think this may be something beyond what is feasible.

It's totally doable! Getting photos of both under the same basic conditions isn't hard and the PS part done by someone who knows their stuff is no big!

BoB

Latest posts

Back