What my dad says

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I agree! I'm a grinder and proud of it. I always say, "If you can't cover up your mistakes, you shouldn't make them." [S

My dad once said he didnt want to end up picking up the tools in the yard with the lawnmower again

I feel his pain. Have you ever hit a chain boomer with your new lawn mower?

As I had girls I've probably beheaded about 25 "MY little ponys" when they were young.

put hundreds of paychecks in the bank on fridays thru the years and never saw the word grinder on them so I guess I don't care what your dad says.[;)

I worked with a welder before and if your the grinder behind him It makes a huge difference .. Its a pleasure to work behind a welder .. You could bang the metal and all the flux would come off,, hardly ever used the chipping hammer .. ... wish I was half the welder that fella is .. I'm a grinder that's for sure ..

I understand all that's been said..... But....

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY??? :eek:

Attachments

• 20140119182019!What_does_the_fox_say.jpg
    20140119182019!What_does_the_fox_say.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 15
I was 25 before I ever got to weld on new iron, or with a decent welder. I did tons of stuff, and my first couple builds with only an old Hobart buzz box and dirt farmer rod. I could have sure used a grinder. I still use one all the time to clean up before I weld for a better job. That kids dad can go f*** a duck.

Depends on what you are welding. Finish work always requires grinding when comes to aesthetics and or safety. The best welders that I've worked with over the years always had a flap wheel in the wait. Penetration is what really matters.

OK guys you just had to make me think about the old days. I was stationed at Sub Base Pearl Harbor in the early 60s for a few years, as a machinist making mock up's for the welders repairing nuclear subs. some of the certifications only lasted 36 hours. they would have to weld 2 good pieces and have Q.C. examine them before they could repair the sub. 2 guys would have to be qualified at the same time to fit in the time window for the job at hand.

as you can see on the board grinding is a important part of any serious welding. Im on the right side of the picture the other guy is the welder supervisor of our shop. it was only the 2 of us, I was 19 or so at the time.

Attachments

• PC250320.JPG
    PC250320.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 17
  • PC250319.JPG
    PC250319.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 15
Depends on what you are welding. Finish work always requires grinding when comes to aesthetics and or safety. The best welders that I've worked with over the years always had a flap wheel in the wait. Penetration is what really matters.

that-s-what-she-said.jpg

Latest posts

Back