MACKAZs 22 Buick model 45 Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest I have actually identified the rear section. It is Essex, 27-29 vintage, and completely by accident! There was one showed up for sale on New Zealand's TradeMe site (Craigslist style website??) and yep that's it!!![cl

Hi team! Been a while! Had a bit of a rest due to welder implosion. Anyways finally bought a new one and I'm back into it. Over New Year I cut the cowl out to lower the master cylinder/pedalbox, short-lived as grinder grabbed, spun out of my hand and run up my arm resulting in a quick ER visit to get a few stitches. Knocked my confidence a bit. Then the welder a couple of months later when I grew a pair to go downstairs. Well to cut long story short, the pedalbox and master cylinder are now remounted, just need to make the cowl patch now. And the new welder? Well I been missing out. It's fan-fricking-tastic! My new phone won't post pics so I'll have to sort it another way

Well I'm still around, and I haven't given up. I've been in talks with a certifier about seatbelt mountings. Have a plan in place. On lookout for materials. Or maybe I should stop being a tightwad and go buy some steel!!! Watch this space

Trying pictures off phone

Attachments

• IMG_20170725_194532.jpg
    IMG_20170725_194532.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 24
Removed the master cylinder and booster and mocked up just the pedalbox and column.
727ou8.jpg

*Made me a little bracket out of 3mm plate and bored it out to suit the steering column shaft*
fmrx1g.jpg
Then migged it into place and gave it a grind up

10sb1bt.jpg
I'm about to take the whole lot out and make the patch to cover this whacking hole. Over and out.

looking good, welding sheetmetal stinks but you look to have a knack. get it done for the daughter!

my daughter drove my 65 to school one day, all of her friends were blown away but not by what you think, its because she was the only one among them that could drive a stick! ;)

Latest posts

Back