Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas to all of you as well. And hopefully a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Nothing happening on the project still. But I have been looking into engine/drive train options..Just putting together my "Wish List" until the eye surgery is done.
That 273 still appears to be available as well as a 1989 360 with a 727 trans. Both about the same price.
The 360 is fuel injected so there would be that to deal with.
I also found a company on line that makes a engine/trans swap kit for these cars that allows you to use a SB Mopar. If you want to use the stock steering box they have a mount kit that has a offset to clear that as well.
Check out Butch's Cool Stuff if you haven't already.
I also found a disc brake conversion for the stock spindles as well. I want to use the OG frame and front suspension as much as possible.
Thanks for checking in on me....
Torchie

Torchie, you gotta post every day. I get nervous.

There is a kit to install a Cavalier Rack & Pinion in these cars. Also a shock relocation kit that makes the shocks more effective. We had both in my son's chopped '49 Plymouth 4 door, with a 350 Chevy and 350 trans.

Torchie, you gotta post every day. I get nervous.

There is a kit to install a Cavalier Rack & Pinion in these cars. Also a shock relocation kit that makes the shocks more effective. We had both in my son's chopped '49 Plymouth 4 door, with a 350 Chevy and 350 trans.

Who makes that kit bob??
Torchie

Torchie; good too hear from you. Don't worry about the eye surgery The wife had it and she is doing great. Watching your work on the mopar is one of the reasons I got back to work on mine.

Project delays fine Torchie. Keep them details and thoughts coming in the mean time. Perhaps a 273 with a set of 360 heads. I heard that can work.

We want to see the outcome [ddd
That surgery has been performed millions of time and the outcome is always good.
[P[P[P

Thanks for the encouragement gang!
No worries about the eye surgery, just that it would happen sooner.
Off to the Drs for the surgical pre op today.
Torchie

Just to let everyone know that I'm still here.
It just dawned on me that the colors of those Johnson outboards pretty much match the colors used on the 2nd version of the Ina Mae Overton, custom Lincoln.
This car is currently undergoing a full restoration and has always been one of my favorites.
I'm trying to find out what color interior it had as current pics showed it with a all black interior.
Two tone like this would look great.:cool:
Thanks for looking in....
Torchie
photos courtesy of CCC

Attachments

• CCC-Overman-52-Lincoln-P2-02-602x406.jpg
    CCC-Overman-52-Lincoln-P2-02-602x406.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 39
  • ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk-1.jpg
    ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk-1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 970338_598069780245806_666991347_n.jpg
    970338_598069780245806_666991347_n.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 995979_600852433300874_1111593722_n.jpg
    995979_600852433300874_1111593722_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 28
that sure is a beauty. The radiussed wheel arches looks way cool. I wonder how that would look on yer mopar [P
Actually/ Rik over on the CCC site did a quicky with the radiussed rear openings and they didn't look so good. No pics though.:eek:

Seat covers, Cream with gold metal flake inserts, roll and pleated :cool: [P[P[P
That's been the plan(More or less) OI. I would like to incorporate some black into the interior. Maybe the dash and window garnish moldings???
Just tossing ideas around.
Torchie

Actually/ Rik over on the CCC site did a quicky with the radiussed rear openings and they didn't look so good. No pics though.:eek:

That's been the plan(More or less) OI. I would like to incorporate some black into the interior. Maybe the dash and window garnish moldings???
Torchie
How about the piping on the seats?

Torchie

What about keeping the black to the carpet, lower part of the door panels, maybe the apron on the seats, bottom of the dash, kick panels, etc. It will ground the interior a bit while not breaking up your gold and white scheme too much. [S

How about the piping on the seats?

What about keeping the black to the carpet, lower part of the door panels, maybe the apron on the seats, bottom of the dash, kick panels, etc. It will ground the interior a bit while not breaking up your gold and white scheme too much. [S

Both good ideas.
I’m not always sold on contrasting piping but if done tastefully it could work.
Torchie

I like the Lincoln and the colors, but too much white.

Your car (in the Lincoln/Johnson colors) begs for some scallops.

I drew a few crayon lines. (Imagine this in copper and cream.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Torchie scallop.jpg
    Torchie scallop.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 45
  • torchie scallops.jpg
    torchie scallops.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 46
Thanks Dr.:D
These 49-54 Cars look good with scallops.:cool:
The 2nd version of the Lincoln with the white body is unusual, as even then most customs were painted in dark jewel tones.
Lots of options...
Thanks for all the comments.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back