Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
double for me. If you go with the single bar grill, what would you do for turn signals?

Most likely something tucked in the opening that wasn't too obvious.
Beside.... Where I live no one uses their turn signals.[ddd
My wife sold her old car a few summers ago because it was having electrical issues , including non functioning turn signals. We told the guy that bought it this and his reply was "I never use turn signals unless there's a cop behind me.":eek: :D
Torchie

At this point the thoughts seem to run towards the 50 Plymouth Grill aka the single bar.
I like it but I also like the double as well.[ddd
Seems I'm fickle.
Our friend Rik on the CCC site sent me this pic this morning....
54 Dodge . Kind of a combination of the double bar with a single bar center. Plus it looks like it's already section.:D
And as a bonus....
I really dig the front bumper on this. It's got kind of a 52-53 Merc vibe going for it.
Lets hear it.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 9h2crp3rjd9k6bluvruinkyhu9rvbmlb.jpg
    9h2crp3rjd9k6bluvruinkyhu9rvbmlb.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 23
I like that one too.
No grille guards on the bumper tho. Let the grille shine with no interference.

I like it too OI.
Plus they seem to be available for less money then the other two.[cl
I like the bumper guards. Not sure but they may be on upside down in that pic.
I would consider putting the blinkers in the tips of the guard bullets. That's really old school.:)
Here is a pic that I found shows the over riders with the wing sticking up. Who knows as I have seen pics both ways. Most likely a "Dealer" add on.
Torchie

Attachments

• 49947308_793907814319782_2413490970009010176_n.jpg
    49947308_793907814319782_2413490970009010176_n.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 22
Like that 54. Has a hemi too. Take a look at my Jeep truck grill. Could the top horizontal piece work...or any of it.

Attachments

• 20190209_161006.jpg
    20190209_161006.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 20
I like the Plymouth grille. (I apologize for my out of proportion "squashed" version, Torchie... it missed the mark in many ways.)

In my searches, I've run across this car numerous times... you'll have to use your imagination on this one! ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Torchie 50 ply chop.jpg
    Torchie 50 ply chop.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 83
Thanks Crank.
I like the Plymouth grill the best as well. Simple and clean.:cool:
I've got feelers out in search of one right now so we will see what happens.
Thanks for all your effort.
I will keep everyone posted.
Thanks to all or the input...
Torchie

Shop time. :D :D :D
Laid out the cuts for the PS front fender.
Cuts went pretty well. It will be interesting to see how things look after the 2nd cataract surgery next week.:)
just clamped together for now. maybe tomorrow I will break out the welder.[;) [;) [;)
I have had a couple of responses on the 50 Plymouth grill. Just waiting for prices.
Thanks for visiting.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 17
Had the second cataract done today. Had to leave at 5 am for 6 am arrival.
- 4 when we left but the roads were beautiful as was the full moon and the diamonds glistening in the snow.
All went well other the a communication with the surgeon who arrived at 8:45 thinking her first surgery was at 9 loo

I was her second surgery. Lol
Much apologies insured....
Alls well that ends well👍
Torchie

Glad it all worked out. I had mine done 3-4 years ago. We all benefit from modern medicine nowadays. You and I are examples.

Shop time. :D :D :D
Laid out the cuts for the PS front fender.
Cuts went pretty well. It will be interesting to see how things look after the 2nd cataract surgery next week.:)
just clamped together for now. maybe tomorrow I will break out the welder.[;) [;) [;)
I have had a couple of responses on the 50 Plymouth grill. Just waiting for prices.
Thanks for visiting.....
Torchie
The 50 looks good. Clean, simple.

I have some 51 Ply grille parts, if you are interested in them. Its toothy, though. ;)

Latest posts

Back