50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look'n good DR. Will you be able to take it out by labor day?
Keep'r up!
I seriously doubt it, just too many things left on the list to justify a real timeline ;) I'm hoping to hear it fire in the next few weeks, I want to get my fuel lines hooked up, rad hoses sorted, and trans lines sorted before starting it up.

wish I had a fancy radiator like that!!! Nice!!! Looks like you are moving along nicely!! Havent checked in on ya for a while!

I paid only $200 shipped, so for what I paid I'm happy...

Thanks, tonight I got all but a couple brackets sorted out for holding the fuel lines.
I'll probably pull everything, pull the rear body, and start finishing up the frame welds so I can get things back together....

I scored a set of TR6 shocks today, finally found a set for a reasonable price, so that rounds out the suspension... now just brakes, and steering, and it will be a proper roller..

You surely can't go wrong with the alluminum radiator. They sure cool more effectively.
Keep hammering on that endless list. I know you've got one.

Well, I did get quite a bit done tonight, not as much as I was hoping, I had to break in the middle of the afternoon and head into work, had one of our PCs go down in the CNC department, and we can't have that happen and keep on schedule, so off I went to fix it.

Anyhow, got the fuel lines pulled back off so I can finish up all the frame welding and clean up and paint the frame before putting things back in place for hopefully the last time, like the fuel tank, and rear body...

So I got the radiator and grille supports put back in, and welded up, and put some shims in the tubing mounts to firm them up some, seems to be a lot better, less movement. I left the radiator and grille shell off because I want to get the shocks put in before mounting the radiator for hopefully the last time.

I got the rear body pulled off, and the tank as well... I did notice that the sway bar mounts I thought were going to work in fact will not, so I'll probably have to order the right ones from the dealership...

I got most of the final welding done on both sides in the rear, I hope to finish all that up tomorrow, and start cleaning up the mill scale, and such so I can lay down some etching primer soon.

wow man........ even putting down etching primer....... Half the time I am lucky to put down paint. At the rate you move you will probably end up beating me to the street!

I'd rather have it powdercoated... maybe some day when I have extra money... for now its rattlecan rustoleum... ;)

Anyhow, scored a vintage 1 quart brass fire extinguisher today for $20!!! :D
I will be using it for an overflow / catch can :)

Also got some more welding done, and here are some pics of the fuel lines and the brackets that I got done the other day...

Attachments

• DSC05172.jpg
    DSC05172.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC05173.jpg
    DSC05173.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC05174.jpg
    DSC05174.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC05175.jpg
    DSC05175.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC05176.jpg
    DSC05176.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC05177.jpg
    DSC05177.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 56
Very clean routing of the lines DR. Shows a lot of forethought on your part.
As does this whole build.
I see that Ford is going to offer Compressed propane gas vehicles. Nice to see a RRodder ahead of the curve....
Torchie.

Very clean routing of the lines DR. Shows a lot of forethought on your part.
As does this whole build.
I see that Ford is going to offer Compressed propane gas vehicles. Nice to see a RRodder ahead of the curve....
Torchie.

It's just too bad that they are not coming from the factory like that yet, they are prepped, but you still need aftermarket support to have the conversion done... I read the article, they said 7500-9500 but it is well over 10K from Roush... maybe Icom can do it cheaper I don't know, but thats a while for return on investment... When they make them from the factory I'll be in line to get a truck, CNG is an option, but LPG is definitely way more advantageous for many many reasons....

Thanks for the props, I'm trying to do something different, hot rod and still be green... :)

Making some good progress, I am 98% done with all the frame welding and cleanup for priming... Out of gas on the welder, so refilling that tomorrow.

My TR6 shocks showed up as well, I'll get some pics of those tomorrow.

So I'll be on to priming and painting the frame soon, which is another big step to being able to install the fuel tank and not have to keep pulling it out... that and some of the sheet metal work for the rear has to be done too...

Weld one, prime two....

Almost sounds like your knitting a sweater.....lol....happy for you that you are getting so much done.....[cl

Latest posts

Back