A whole different kind of build for me

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I sold my '56 Ford Fairlane to a guy who offered to pay what I asked...:D I bought a '71 Mustang coupe from a friend because he made me a deal in order to see what I will do to/with it. It already has the front suspension/engine/transmission/rear end stuff taken care of, so at least I can save some time and money compared to my last few builds. A little body work, paint, and interior work should give it a whole new attitude. Then for all the small, nitpicky stuff to make it think like I do.:)

Attachments

• 1971 Mustang coupe in garage.jpg
    1971 Mustang coupe in garage.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 49
Made progress

Between stupid hours at work and a bout with Covid, I got the Mustang painted and new upholstery installed. Now I just need to rebuild the steering box to stop it from bleeding.

Attachments

• Birthday Creede cruise 2022 closeup.jpg
    Birthday Creede cruise 2022 closeup.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF3711.jpg
    DSCF3711.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF3723.jpg
    DSCF3723.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 37
  • in driveway.jpg
    in driveway.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Mustang & big sign.jpg
    Mustang & big sign.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 44
This car is for sale. It's a very nice car, has lots of new parts, but it just isn't "me". If you know anyone interested in a really nice 1971 Mustang, have them contact me at [email protected]. I need to sell it in order to build something older and not so shiny.

Attachments

• west of gunbarrel.jpg
    west of gunbarrel.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Wolf Creek crop.jpg
    Wolf Creek crop.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 10
  • ghost flames 2.jpg
    ghost flames 2.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Latest posts