My 40 Dodge Truck Build - Maybe a 41 LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On light duty so working on some brake lines. Some fancy "thru the frame" fittings from Pete & Jakes. Using some nice tools from Eastwood. Nice bender and a super vice mounted flaring unit.

Attachments

• DSCF6193.jpg
    DSCF6193.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF6192.jpg
    DSCF6192.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 26
Thanks guys!

Yes Dozer....the right tools make the job so much easier....

Got the fittings from Pete & Jakes....neater than going over the frame with tabs.

Now for the rears...

Hey Couper, I made it here! Thanks for the invite, and the help getting me in.

Just had a chance to read this entire build, you have come a long way since the Killbillet days. The truck is looking great. I was anticipating this was going to be really nice, and you have gone over and above even what I was expecting. I'm looking forward to following along as you get it done.

I really like how the guys here stepped up and offered guidance when you had questions. That says a lot about the guys that are here. I'm looking forward to adding my 2 cents when I can, but its pretty clear I may not be much help for many here.

Its good to see you are recovering from your shoulder issues and are still plugging along. Better days are ahead.

Now, quit loafing and get back to work.:D
Gene

Hey Gene...Glad you made it here! The guys here are great and I'm sure you will still have some good direction for me.

Don't forget pal....you were instrumental in my start up of this project.

Old Stuff / Charlie is here as well but hasn't posted in a while. I talked to him a few months ago and he is under the weather.

The shoulder is getting better thanks, but a slow go.

I'll get cranked back up soon.

Hey Guys.... Hope everyone is well. Just checking in. Doing a lot of yard work... well with my shoulder I'm doing some. Paid a landscaper to plant some trees and put down some mulch, paid another local guy to put down 3 yards of pea gravel in the dog pen, and another 3 yds of shore stone around the pool.

Got all the Koi out (that was fun) Pressure washed the liner & rocks, new water and happy fish.

Getting everything shaped up for summer so I am not grouchy.

Not a stitch of work on the truck....trying to work off a little mental block.

Shoulder is coming along slowly.

Just wanted to check in and tell you guys that I have not woken up dead.

Hope to get something done on the truck soon....

Couper

Glad to hear from you!

Here in the frosty north the final bits of snow should hopefully disappear this week, so I'm in yard work mode as well but mixing it up with garage projects. Keeps a guy happy :D

Take care of that shoulder and yourself!

Hey Guys...

Happy Memorial Day and thank you to those of you who served to keep us safe!

Been doing a little 120 dry long block sanding on the bed....feels good to accomplish something and guide coat sanding always feels so rewarding to me.

When done here, I have to build a battery box, weld up some tabs and I think I will tear it down and shoot the frame.

Have a great weekend!

Couper

Attachments

• DSCF6214.jpg
    DSCF6214.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 19
Still sanding & touching up lil spots with some 2k icing...

Beds very close to getting the final coat of sealer primer.

Also touching up some filler pin holes on the cab.

Another week or so I'll be back on the frame.

Going to pick up 2 engine stands to use as a rotiserie.

I know.....I'm moving slow but at least I am moving :D

I may have mentioned the fact that I've been in the ****ter cause my Dakota has been in storage since I started this project....I have a small 24 x 24 shop and no room for everything.

I picked up a 13 x 20 canopy to keep the Dakota under for summer, at least I can see her and take her for a short spin couple times a week. I feel better just seeing her here.

I'm topping off the battery's and installing a seperate quick disconnect plug on each so charge them seperatly.... the last battery in the loop never gets a full charge. I'm also going to get a 4 bank tender.

I learned something I didn't already know yesterday. This new fancy charger I have by Schumacher has a tester built in that tells you what the % of charge is.
I always figured if the voltage showed 12.5 volts you were at top notch. Well last week although I was at 12.7 volts, the percentage of charge was only 12%. I called Schumacher and they confirmed. There's a boost charging function to use and in about 6 hours I came up to 100%. The thing also has a desulferzation mode. Good to keep learning stuff.

Hope you guys are all doing well, healthy and having fun.

Couper

Attachments

• DSCF6220.jpg
    DSCF6220.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back