250 I6 to 350 turbo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_bull

Dont know if this is the correct section, but here goes:

Been a while since I've played with the straight 6 stuff. Just bought a 250ci out of a 66 Chevy truck. Looking to mate a 350 turbo to it. The whole shootin' match is going in my 29 Model A sedan. Which flex plate, torque converter, and starter makes that combo work? Anything else I may be missing, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_5456.jpg
    IMG_5456.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 10
Does the 250 have a starter and flywheel? If it does, you want a flexplate the same size as the flywheel, 153 or 168 tooth.

First gen small blocks have the same crank flange and bolt pattern as your 250, so the flexplates interchange.

From a donor point of view, most any Chevy TH350 will bolt in, complete with the donor's converter and flexplate. The wild card is the starter. If your 250 has (or had) a 153 tooth and your donor is 168 tooth, you need a 168 tooth starter, which the 250 block may not be drilled for. (I don't remember.)

Does the 250 have a starter and flywheel? If it does, you want a flexplate the same size as the flywheel, 153 or 168 tooth.

First gen small blocks have the same crank flange and bolt pattern as your 250, so the flexplates interchange.

From a donor point of view, most any Chevy TH350 will bolt in, complete with the donor's converter and flexplate. The wild card is the starter. If your 250 has (or had) a 153 tooth and your donor is 168 tooth, you need a 168 tooth starter, which the 250 block may not be drilled for. (I don't remember.)

It has no flexplate or starter. Just the end of the crank staring at me :D I kinda thought I could just get a flexplate for a '66, and then the starter to match (whichever tooth config), but I thought I'd ask the experts here. I've played around with SBC stuff for years, but a lot of peeps use them in their builds. I wanted something odd, but relatively reliable. Doing my first rat rod build.

Latest posts

Back