brodie knob or suicide knob question?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hey.
Lookin for a spinner for my steering wheel. id like a black or chrome handle but want one that fits my hand good like 4 inch or so.
all the ones i find are short. any ideas? Tnx, RR

Yeah.
Not so much for use but looks.
Is this a spinner type just wondering the handle cause if so I could design my own handle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-09-18-17-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-09-18-17-27.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 28
try big rig bling shops or even farm type I got one on my yard tractor got it from tractor supply

I tried one on my semi several years ago, never again. If you aren't careful, they will break your arm! I took mine off and put it on my manual steer farm tractor, works good on it. You couldn't pay me enough to put one on a street driven vehicle again.

I have one on my '63 F100 for years. That thing is brutal if you try to turn it at a dead stop. ...and only use it when you need, not for cruisin down the highway.

You do need to put the knob on the inside of the wheel too. A guy at work bolted one on to the outside of the wheel on one of the yard dogs. A few days later one of the other guys got it caught on his nads while he was backing under a trailer. High pinned the trailer in the process. He wasn't amused, everyone else was. :D

Tnx for tips guys.
Is the pic I put up the type with the bearing in it?
If so I'll buy it and thread my own handle on to it.

I have one on my 31. Spinner 8 ball of course cause I shoot pool. I did replace the junk clamp on mine with a crossover pipe clamp off a Harley. Depends on how you want to use yours. I like mine fine but some left turns get me off it and back on the wheel until I'm thru the turn. If I turn it left with the spinner, it wants to eat my arm about half way to the elbow...
Check em out on amazon. Bunches there...

I have one on my 31. Spinner 8 ball of course cause I shoot pool. I did replace the junk clamp on mine with a crossover pipe clamp off a Harley. Depends on how you want to use yours. I like mine fine but some left turns get me off it and back on the wheel until I'm thru the turn. If I turn it left with the spinner, it wants to eat my arm about half way to the elbow...
Check em out on amazon. Bunches there...
If I ever find myself headed to your corner of the country, smallfoot, I'm bringin' my stick. If you shoot like you build cars, I would be honored to take a few lessons.

If I ever find myself headed to your corner of the country, smallfoot, I'm bringin' my stick. If you shoot like you build cars, I would be honored to take a few lessons.

Come on down any time. I like competition!:D Win or lose, I love the game!!! It's one of those games where lots of people just don't get it tho. They get ****ed when you whip em and complain. Then I tell them they beat themselves and I didn't have anything to do with it. You have to be able to make your turn count. You're really playing yourself. We started playing every thursday night about 11 years ago and we started by having 10 or 12 people show up. Now it's down to 5 or 6. There were 4 different tables in our crowd and we passed the hosting around every week so we shot on different tables of different sizes frequently. Keeps you on your toes. I have a Brunswick Commander. First ones were made in the late teens and the last one of that model was made in 1938. Nice table. 9 footer.
Sorry for veering off course ratrodney!

they were commonly called "Necker's Knobs" allowing you to steer with one arm while "cooly" draping your right arm around some chick who was stupid enough to ride with one of them dang hot rodders.

Latest posts

Back