1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read this from page 1 and I must well done on the build. We wouldnt get away with the chassis built that way. We have to use mechanical engineers before we can registration. Typical Australia

Just read this from page 1 and I must well done on the build. We wouldnt get away with the chassis built that way. We have to use mechanical engineers before we can registration. Typical Australia

Thanks austin, we can have problems with registration up her depending on the province your in as well.

Last edited:
Close call

Thursday afternoon I took the Essex out for a little cruise, I had only gone about a mile down the highway when I smelt raw gas :eek: I shut the ignition off and coasted to the first approach in front of me. When I installed the Edelbrock carb, I also used there fuel line kit and steel braided hose from the pump to the steel carb line. Well it was a tad long when I installed it so I put a slight twist in it to roll the excess behind the alternator which worked fine for 3700 miles, it then decided to untwist and rub on the fan belt spewing gas all over the right side of the motor and header. Got a ride home from a passing motorist made a new line and back on the road, could have been a bad situation.

We havent9 had any rain in over six weeks and temps in the 90's makes for all kinds of bugs on the highways. The grasshoppers are the size of baby kangaroo 's so I build snap on bug screen for the grill. With the high temps (for us) I notices the engine temp is up at 210 never has before. So today I took the screen off and immediately the temp dropped back to 190[S guess I will have to deal with washing the bugs out of the rad. .

Been a while since I posted on this thread. Essex is sitting in the shop covered with dust from the Fargo build, wasn't smart enough to cover it at the beginning waited till half way through[S[S.

I finally got some front brake hoses for it and figured at the same time I would install a Jegs stage II roll control/line lock kit. I have never installed one of these and the instructions are confusing as H$&l I googled it and got mostly installs on newer cars. From what I gather I take the line off the master from the larger front bake reservoir to the "in" side of the lock then from the "out" side of the lock to the fitting on the prop valve the previous line ran to?? sound right

Different ways to do the same thing.
I would install it after the prop valve. Reason is it could possibly trip the valve with the uneven pressure on one side. jmho

7218820632_0f135cba3b.jpg

Thanks Oldiron. The Essex prop valve has threr lines coming out of it one for each front wheel and one for the rear. Not sure how to plumb that?

Glen,
Very enjoyable going thru your build thread. You are a talented builder. Great looking rat rod, I like the use of skulls on your ride.[cl[cl[cl

Do u have any more details on the wiring kit u used? I got the same one without any instructions. Planning on using it on my 49 Ford truck build.

Dave

Glen,
Very enjoyable going thru your build thread. You are a talented builder. Great looking rat rod, I like the use of skulls on your ride.[cl[cl[cl

Do u have any more details on the wiring kit u used? I got the same one without any instructions. Planning on using it on my 49 Ford truck build.

Dave

Thanks Dave it was a lot of fun to build. I have no more details on the wiring harness, but if I remember right i printed the instructions for a similar one but different brand I will see if I still have the link for it and post it.

This should work for you. https://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/91064022instructions.pdf

Latest posts

Back