'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Larry and others. I, more than anyone else, hope the surgery goes well and fixes the problem. Then, it's on to solve what is causing the rest of my body to be so stiff and sore.

I hope you heal up quickly. Take your time with recuperation so you can get back to work at full speed.:) Are you having orthoscopic surgery or invasive?

Thanks Larry and others. I, more than anyone else, hope the surgery goes well and fixes the problem. Then, it's on to solve what is causing the rest of my body to be so stiff and sore.

bob w, when you find the cure for getting old be sure to let us know. :rolleyes:

Rest well. [cl

bob, not to discourage you about the surgery but..... I've had 2
on the same shoulder (rotator cuff repair) 2 screws....to tie the
muscle back to the bone ,or something like that...anyway, still
can't use it anywhere near what I used to, and now I've torn the
other one trying to compensate for the bad one:eek: but I'm not
going to do anything till I just can't take it anymore.... having ol
arthritis moving in doesn't help any either...:mad:
hoping you have better luck ,best advise I can give about it is
don't try to get back at it to soon, let it heal and rehab....

Surgery went well considering there was a lot more torn up in there than expected. Home now with nerve blocker. Like Novacane in the arm. No pain now but plenty later. Tomorrow I see a different Doc about the pain in the rest of my body. Gotta get some answers.

Thank you guys. You are the best.

Wishing you the best Bob!

I couldn't help but pick up on your novacaine reference. (Possibly the most used and abused name for a hot rod Nova.) Anyhow, I hope to raise your spirits with a "get well" card...

001.jpg

Thanks Dr. C. When the nerve blocker came out the pain started. Tried an opioid for a couple days and threw the pills away. Does funny things to your head. Just completed physical therapy and the shoulder is pretty good. Better than the right one.
Anyhow I'm back at it. Got a bunch of welding to do on the body (background). Now assembling the rear end. Put new axle seals in. Cleaning up the brake parts, etc. Had to lift the third member with an engine hoist. Adapt and prevail.

Attachments

• rear 001.jpg
    rear 001.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 56
Great thread, the roadstter's looking good[dr. I built a 31 several years ago, left the top attached, it was a fun project. Looking forward to more build posts[P. and take care of yourself. Yea, getting older ain't for sissys..........[cl:rolleyes::cool:

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts. I'm feeling good enough to get some work done in the shop.
The rear end and front axle are installed in the frame. Completed all the welding on the body. Still some grinding/sanding left. The finish is what you see.
Now working on bracing the doors and "thinning" them so they don't look like sedan (with roll up window slots) doors. I want them to look like roadster doors.

Attachments

• cab done 001.jpg
    cab done 001.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 60
  • cab done 002.jpg
    cab done 002.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Back