Wed. Night on the River

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
StillH20009.jpg

For the last couple years there has been a car show in downtown Stillwater on the shore of the St. Croix river. A very picturesque setting.

This wrecker was there in case any of the pretty cars broke down. Everybody knows rat rods run forever.:D

StillH20031.jpg

My friend Tom had his hemi-powered (early Ford driveline) Model A pickup there. Note the unique cut on the doors. He bought it that way.

StillH20023.jpg

A Tiki/Surfer Crosley Wagon. Driven by a 6 foot tall blonde lady. For sale for $17,500. Crosley is for sale, not the lady.

StillH20024.jpg

A GMC bobber truck on a frame with independent front suspension. NOte how the radiator shell is quite a bit out front of the wheels. This is the look many people love to hate.

StillH20013.jpg

This T sedan must have been built in the 70's. Jag IFS and wire wheels. Still a beautiful car.

StillH20029.jpg

Don't ya wish you had a pocketfull of termites when you walk by one of these? Just kidding. This longroof was perfect inside and out.

StillH20015.jpg

A Poncho with a huge turbo. Alcohol injection to handle over 20 lbs. of boost.
Runs high 8's. In a Triumph TR6A. NHRA certified to 8.50. Gets 20MPG on the highway.
WOW!

StillH20005.jpg

Here's the "Guess the Brand" contestant tonight. It would be a great car in black primer with a small block Chevy under the hood.
If it proves to be too easy, I have another one waiting...

thanks for the show ....love the comments to go along with the pics, i for one like the "70's T"
the truck with ifs, tho...well i never have seen a ifs with the radiator in that location that looked right to me, but that is all a matter of opinion....

StillH20030.jpg

Nobody can guess what that big old cabriolet is up above??? Never thought I'd stump all you guys. Here's one for people that like Mopars, small blocks and bright green paint.

Latest posts

Back