yeah this jumped on my trailer..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or just do this to it...

Attachments

• 54 chevy.jpg
    54 chevy.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 39
I much prefer wide wheels that look wide, also. The 38 has 15x8.5 up front and 15x10 in the back. Fills up the space quite nicely.

All this talk of gasser style has me thinking....

51Ply_3.jpg

Gasser or leadsled?

so the update on the 54... I sold the vette suspension out of it for what I paid for it, the 350 was rebuilt a while back with .030 over pistons, LT1 valve springs, decent cam etc but then was left outside for 2 years. Cylinders are rusted. The trans is a TH 350 and has a new converter in it. The rear panel under the trunk and both quarters have bondo in them. The floors have been patched poorly and they chopped out the section of floor above where the rear end was mounted. The peice is still there. The rear frame was also raised to clear the rear as well. But it did come with all of the trim and such too. I tacked a pair of rear axles under it so I could roll it around and will push it out to the field to await it's fate...

As fate always has it my father in law needed a roof for his 79 El Camino as it was rusted out over the windshield area. I was talking to one of the tow drivers on an accident scene and found out the shop he works for had on laying out back for years. I picked it up for my father in law for $250 and the guy dropped it at the house for free. We split the cost, him taking the roof, glass and trim and me getting the frame with suspension and steering column. Looks like I now have my doner suspension for the topless fat girl tub...[;)

Latest posts

Back