My Wheel Collection

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Gasser

In another thread, Skip asked me to share pics of my magnesium/aluminum hot rod wheel collection...I'll start with these, and add to the thread as I get more pics of them...

My custom modified rear Motor Wheel Flys, work was done by Stu Galbraight at Weldcraft, probably 20 years ago
...started as 15" x 14", with 6" front/8" rear backspacing
...the back side was sectioned down to 4", and 8" were added to the front side, which required the filler piece to be rolled and tapered
...over 300" of weld per wheel, plus, they had been drilled for rim screws, which Stu also welded up and machined
...they're now 15" x 18"
...these were built for a custom Pro Street '57 Chevy project, which still isn't finished...they use Goodyear sprint car tires

I have 7 complete sets, (front & rear), of Motor Wheel Flys...all fronts were 15" x 3.5", and magnesium, all rears were aluminum

Attachments

• fly 1.jpg
    fly 1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 26
  • fly 2.jpg
    fly 2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 25
Brand new, still in the box, NOS, magnesium front Motor Wheel Flys...traded Bill Porterfield of Mid Engineering, a pair of 15 x 10 rear Flys with the correct offset he was looking for, many years ago...

Attachments

• frnt fly 1.jpg
    frnt fly 1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 11
  • frnt fly 2.jpg
    frnt fly 2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back