Done for now

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

When I got this car it was somewhat of a gamble, was barely running. It had missing or wrongly hooked up vac lines, and the distributor was loose and spinning like a top. Also readjusted the valve/rockers. Got it all smoothed out, then I:

Replaced two tires and mismatched Rallye wheels.

Replaced two rear wheel cylinders and a couple brake lines.

Had a local shop replace the kingpins, the passenger wheel was about to fall off.

Had a local shop redo the exhaust, now exhausts in front of rear wheels.

Got the lights to work, with a couple of minor rewire and reconnects. The Ford truck wiring harness that was in the trunk had just what I needed, sockets that fit, for tail and brake lights, with minor rewiring. I was surprised to see the parking lights worked.

I still need to come up with a tag bracket and light, I don't want to use that rear bumper bar. Also needed is a wiper motor.

Then yesterday I installed/replaced the air shocks, the car now has a nice stance and doesn't look like there are bodies in the trunk.

Then I removed the front bumper. Because.

So here is the pic in my "shop" a leanto on a barn that was built in the 20's. I even installed the pavers so I wouldn't lay in the sand, along with the foil wrapped plywood leftover from my bout with hurricane Irma. Easy to slide around on under the car....

So! It runs, it steers, it stops. I'm done with the major.

Attachments

• IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back