Tire machine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Transplant

He started out with nothing, he still has most of
I may end up buying this machine in a short while .. My $ is small so thats why Im leaning toward this machine I have 15 cars and trucks in my yard right now some run some dont but most have flat or dry-rotten tires on them not to mention 4 trailers .. thats why I need a tire machine .. any one ever used this brand of tire machine ?

Capturetc.PNG

Picked up a used Hunter TC300....

I may end up buying this machine in a short while .. My $ is small so thats why Im leaning toward this machine I have 15 cars and trucks in my yard right now some run some dont but most have flat or dry-rotten tires on them not to mention 4 trailers .. thats why I need a tire machine .. any one ever used this brand of tire machine ?

View attachment 117995

Looks a lot like it.....Everything but the bead breaker was working....250 bucks....fixed it this weekend....was actually minor...his loss, my gain...That looks like a nice machine....most work the same anymore...wish I could download the pic....won't let me attach it....

Here is pic of tire machine I got...

A bit grubby but she'll clean up....as Joe Dirt said....it'll buff out....lol

Attachments

• Tire Machine2.jpg
    Tire Machine2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 30
Sgt .. id be proud to own that one .. Ive been looking for a used one .but the dealers around hear robs parts off them till they aint nothing left .. one man wanted $800 for one like I have pictured but the motor was burnt up and it looked pretty ruff .. I told him id pass

I used the bench style coats for around 5 years .. that would work fine for me , but they are all gone too.. I dont own anything bigger than a 16 anyway ..

I've been looking off and on for years for some kind of tire machine. Found two old manual ones at a recycling yard somebody had brought in for scrap, they wouldn't sell them. :( Found a Cotes 20/20 at a flea market, guy wouldn't take less than $1000, it looked rough and no air to check it to see if it worked or not, may have had missing pieces. :( Went and looked at a bubble balancer that was supposed to be good, the metal was, but the bubble glass was busted so bad you could never use it.:(

Seems like tire stuff get abused so much when they get rid of it it's almost worthless unless it's antique.

I've got a good bubble balance I don't use but I don't think you'd want to pay the freight on it. I bought one of those manual machines brand new in about 1992 but that was before all the new allow wheels that you can't harly do without a rimclamp.

The guy had advertised the balancer as man cave stuff, so I went and looked at it since it was close by. He only wanted $25 for it, but I couldn't find a replacement bubble section anywhere, guess they are no longer made.

I use a tire wedge designed for truck tires to break down with a sledgehammer, and a set of irons to change the tire. I've gotten pretty good at it, but feel the effects later on. That sledgehammer works on the muscles, especially the ones in my back. :eek:

I wouldn't even attempt to change anything over a 16" wheel or one of the super low profile tires. I have done 24" and 22" truck tires, they're not too bad, car tires are a different animal though.

I have a old coats, can't remember the model. I paid $350 for it at auction and had about 100 aluminum wheels waiting at the house. That was about 10 years ago. Some of the best money I've spent on shop equipment.

Thats another reason I want a tire changer I done got to where I miss the tire and hit the rim .. I use a tire hammer . and it leaves a mark or dent in a car rim... My eye sight has always been poor. and its getting worse every year ..

That's what I like about the wedge, you start it, then hit it with the sledge. Unless you are pounding the heck outta it, you will hit the wedge and not the rim, but slip ups do happen. On aluminum wheels, I don't hit nearly as hard, and move the wedge around the wheel more often.

Latest posts

Back